A highly specialized professional degree to equip graduates for the dynamic world of marketing
The full-time, 12-month Master of Marketing (MMKG) is the first program of its kind in Canada to prepare graduates for professional careers in marketing.
The MMKG curriculum will provide students with the critical analysis and decision making skills required of marketers today. Students will learn state-of-the-art digital marketing and research tools and grow their literacy in analytics, social media, advertising and consumer behaviour. Graduates of the program will be qualified for meaningful positions in private, public, or non-profit organizations, and equipped with the skills to advance to leadership roles in the future.
The capstone of the program is a two-term integrative consulting project, designed to give students first-hand experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies for real-world organizations.
The MMKG program is open to recent graduates from non-business and business degree programs, and to business professionals who wish to strengthen their marketing capabilities.
- Skip to program details Apply now
“The Master of Marketing is a unique program that will teach students state-of-the-art digital marketing and research tools and grow their literacy in social media, advertising and consumer behavior. Students will benefit from the opportunity to learn from leading marketing experts, and will gain creative thinking skills required to meet the strategic and analytical challenges of modern marketing.”
The Master of Marketing program will prepare graduates for modern marketing roles and give them leadership development opportunities to pursue rewarding careers in the industry. Students will become professionals who understand both marketing and consumer behavior theory, and have the technical skills required to excel in digital marketing environments.
Throughout their studies, students will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative resources, individualized mentoring and coaching to help advance your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.
Obtaining a Master of Marketing degree will open a wealth of career opportunities in the marketing field, from brand management positions to strategic marketing leadership roles. MMKG graduates will be well equipped for employment in the complex and exciting world of marketing.Visit the Career Development Centre
MMKG Program Details by Category
Admission RequirementsView details Hide details
The general admission requirements for the MMKG are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
- Work Experience is not required, but strong internships or prior work experience is recommended.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be from a professor.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
*Official copies of transcripts will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
Applicants are NOT required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The Master of Marketing is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in September.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3||Round 4**|
|September 2020||November 15, 2019||January 15, 2020||March 12, 2020||April 30, 2020|
|September 2021||October 29, 2020||January 29, 2021||March 10, 2021||April 30, 2021|
*International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 to allow for sufficient study permit processing time.
** Late applications may be accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Responses from referees can be completed after the application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.
Tuition & FeesView details Hide details
Master of Marketing (MMKG) Program Fees
The MMKG is a full-time program consisting of three academic terms.
Fees are subject to change.
|Student Status||Tuition Per Term
Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant,
*Fees are rounded to the nearest dollar and include essential supplementary fees. For details on student health plans and non-essential fees, refer to the Student Financial Services website: https://sfs.yorku.ca/fees/courses.
Study OptionsView details Hide details
Curriculum OverviewView details Hide details
The MMKG program spans three terms of full-time study comprised of 42.00 credits of courses.
In addition to the curriculum requirements outlined below, the MMKG program is preceded by the following mandatory pre-start program:
- Satisfactory completion of online course modules in Accounting, Finance and Statistics. A Schulich-specific access code and instructions will be sent to admitted, confirmed students before they begin their first academic term.
Students are eligible for graduation upon their successful completion of 42.00 credits. Expand the menu below to see detailed curriculum requirements.View Program Requirements Hide Program Requirements
Term 1 (Fall)
Click on the course code to view the full description.
- ACTG 5200 3.00 FINANCIAL DECISIONS FOR MANAGERS
- MSTM 5000 3.00 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION AND TEAM DYNAMICS
- MKTG 5200 3.00 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- MKTG 6050 3.00 MARKETING RESEARCH
- MKTG 6560 3.00 DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
Term 2 (Winter)
- MKTG 6000 3.00 MARKETING FIELD PROJECT 1: STRATEGY
- MKTG 6140 3.00 CONSUMER INSIGHTS
- MKTG 6370 3.00 MARKETING ANALYTICS
- MKTG 6570 3.00 STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL SELLING
Plus 3.00 credits of 6000-level Marketing elective(s).
Term 3 (Summer)
- MKTG 6001 3.00 MARKETING FIELD PROJECT 2: IMPLEMENTATION
- MKTG 6550 3.00 BRAND MANAGEMENT
- MKTG 6810 3.00 CREATIVITY IN MARKETING
Plus 3.00 credits of 6000-level Marketing elective(s).
FacultyView details Hide details
Program faculty members
M. David Rice
Program Director, Master of Marketing; Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Director, MBA ProgramView profile
Assistant Professor of MarketingView profile
Ajay K. Sirsi
Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Russell W. Belk
Professor of Marketing; Kraft Foods Canada Chair in MarketingView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Director, International MBA ProgramView profile
Professor of MarketingView profile
Professor of Marketing; Anne & Max Tanenbaum Chair in Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise; Director, PhD ProgramView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Royal Bank Professor of Nonprofit ManagementView profile
Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Instructor of MarketingView profile
Theodore J. Noseworthy
Associate Professor of Marketing; Canada Research Chair (Tier II); Scientific Director: NOESIS LabView profile
Professor of Marketing and International BusinessView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Associate Dean, AcademicView profile
Student ClubsView details Hide details
Students personalize and enrich their experiences at Schulich by taking advantage of a wide array of opportunities for networking, socializing and personal development.
Connect with your peers on a weekend getaway organized by the Graduate Business Council (GBC), give back as a Schulich Graduate Ambassador, or explore over 30 outstanding student clubs and committees.
Schulich Marketing Association (SMA)
The Schulich Marketing Association is a graduate student organization that provides students interested in Marketing with real-world exposure to the industry including mentorship opportunities and events that supplement Schulich’s MBA Marketing curriculum. SMA initiatives are managed under the guidance of the Schulich Marketing faculty and representatives from the Career Development Centre (CDC).
Future of Marketing MagazineView details Hide details
The students of the Master of Marketing Program are pleased to invite you to follow the ‘Future of Marketing’ digital magazine. The magazine reports on the latest developments in marketing including artificial intelligence, facial recognition, voice search, digital assistants, marketing automation, privacy and much more.
The Future of Marketing magazine is entirely student run and is the largest digital publication on the topic with over 40,000 viewers and 9,000+ followers. You can learn more about the magazine and start reading by clicking the link below: