A business degree for high-achieving non-business graduates
Please note: Schulich continues to accept domestic applications for MMgt Fall 2021 entry on a rolling basis, pending remaining space in the program.
The 12-month full-time Master of Management (MMgt) is designed to equip graduates from non-business programs with the tools they need for managing and problem solving in a variety of organizations and environments.
The MMgt pairs general management education with a special non-technical focus on developing leadership, problem-solving and communication skills.
Students will build knowledge of the major disciplines of management and how they intersect, while developing key competencies that are valued by organizations and that will facilitate employment in a career with a future. The curriculum is highly experiential, culminating with an Enterprise Consulting Project in which students will collaboratively develop recommendations for a client organization.
Students will graduate from the MMgt program with:
- an ability to evaluate and solve management issues while taking into account risk, uncertainty and ambiguity
- the skills needed to work effectively in groups and teams, and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences; and
- an understanding of the obligation to act in a socially and ethically responsible manner.
Master of Management graduates will be eligible for significant advanced standing into the Schulich MBA, after acquiring the requisite work experience to be eligible for the MBA.
- Skip to program details Apply now
“The Master of Management program opened up my network, grew my communication skills and emotional intelligence, and allowed me to transition effectively into the workforce.”
The Schulich Master of Management will equip you with the knowledge and leadership skills you need to gain a competitive advantage. You will learn to manage complexity, change, and ambiguity as you examine management issues in a global context.
Throughout the MMgt program, you will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative programs, resources and individualized coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events and enjoy online access to the very best career tools available.
Recruiters value the communication, interpersonal and leadership skills that Schulich MMgt graduates possess, paired with the knowledge and capabilities obtained in their undergraduate studies.Visit the Career Development Centre
Our MMgt could lead you to an exciting career in an organization such as...
MMgt Program Details by Category
Admission RequirementsView details Hide details
The general admission requirements for the MMgt are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, in a non-business field of study, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants holding business/commerce degrees are not eligible for the Master of Management program, but may apply for the Accelerated MBA once they have acquired a minimum of two years of work experience. Excluded degrees include, but are not limited to, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Administrative Studies (BAS), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS), Honours Business Administration (HBA) or Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc).
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
- Work Experience is not required. Applicants may not have more than two years of full-time work experience.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Applicants with two years or more of full-time work experience are not eligible for admission to the MMgt and are encouraged to apply to the MBA.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be academic
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
*Official copies of transcripts will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
Applicants are NOT required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The Master of Management is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in September.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3||Round 4**|
|September 2021||October 29, 2020||January 29, 2021||March 10, 2021||April 30, 2021|
|September 2022||September 30, 2021||January 13, 2022||March 10, 2022||April 28, 2022|
Please note: September 2022 applications will open on our website in early August 2021.
*International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 to allow for sufficient study permit processing time.
** Late applications may be accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.
Tuition & FeesView details Hide details
Master of Management (MMgt) Program Fees
The MMgt is a full-time program consisting of three academic terms. A term is equivalent to one semester, or 12 weeks.
Fees below are based on the 2021-2022 fee framework, and are subject to change.
|Student Status||Full-Time Tuition per Term/Semester*
Charged in Fall 2021, Winter 2022, and Summer 2022.
|Estimated Program Total**
Current tuition fee multiplied by typical number of terms required for program completion.
Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant,
|$ 8,970||$ 26,900|
*Fees are rounded to the nearest dollar and include supplementary fees. For full details on all current tuition, supplementary fees, and student health plans refer to the Student Financial Services website: https://sfs.yorku.ca/fees/courses.
**Tuition fees have not yet been set for the 2022-2023 academic year. Program totals are estimates only and subject to change. The Estimated Program Total is calculated by multiplying current 2021 tuition fees by the standard number of terms required to complete the program. Program total estimates are rounded to the nearest $50.
Study OptionsView details Hide details
Curriculum OverviewView details Hide details
The MMgt program spans three terms of full-time study comprised of 36.00 credits of core courses and 9.00 credits of elective courses selected by the Program Committee each year.
In addition to the curriculum requirements outlined below, the MMgt program is preceded by a mandatory pre-start program including the satisfactory completion of online course modules in Accounting Foundations, Economics Foundations, Math Foundations and Finance Foundations. Prep course details will be e-mailed to admitted, confirmed students approximately eight weeks before the start of term.
Students are eligible for graduation upon their successful completion of 45.00 credits. Expand the menu below to see detailed curriculum requirements.View Program Requirements Hide Program Requirements
- 36.00 credits of required courses
- 9.00 credits of elective courses
Click on the course code to view the full description.
Term 1: Fall
- ACTG 5100 3.00 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS
- MSTM 5000 3.00 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION AND TEAM DYNAMICS
- MSTM 5030 3.00 APPLIED MACROECONOMICS
- MSTM 5050 3.00 BUSINESS AND SUSTAINABILITY
- MSTM 5060 3.00 MANAGERIAL DECISION ANALYSIS
Term 2: Winter
- MKTG 5200 3.00 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- MSTM 5220 3.00 MANAGERIAL FINANCE
- MSTM 5210 3.00 DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESSES
- MSTM 5300 3.00 STRATEGIC THINKING
- ORGS 5100 3.00 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
Term 3: Summer
+ Three 6000 level electives (9.00 credits) chosen from a limited list of electives selected annually by the Program Committee from among approved Schulich MBA electives
FacultyView details Hide details
Throughout your Schulich Master of Management, you will be challenged by our award-winning faculty, who are experts in a broad range of functional and program areas as well as successful industry practitioners.
Learn about our outstanding faculty in all key fields of management.
Program faculty members
Associate Professor of Organization Studies; Area Coordinator, Organization StudiesView profile
Kiridaran (Giri) Kanagaretnam
Professor of Accounting; Associate Dean, Students; Ron Binns Chair in Financial Reporting, Banking and GovernanceView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Director, MBA ProgramView profile
Associate Professor of Organization Studies and Industrial RelationsView profile
Adjunct Professor of Operations Management and Information SystemsView profile
Adjunct Professor of Economics; Associate Director of Undergraduate ProgramsView profile
Professor of Operations Management and Information Systems; Program Director, Master of Supply Chain Management; Acting Director, Master of Business Analytics; Acting Director, Master of Management in Artificial IntelligenceView profile
Associate Professor of Finance; Director, Financial EngineeringView profile
Associate Professor in Organization Studies and Business Sustainability; Director, BBA/iBBA ProgramsView profile
Adjunct Professor of Strategic Management/Policy; Director, Strategy Field Study Program; Director, York Consulting GroupView profile
Student ClubsView details Hide details
Students personalize and enrich their experiences at Schulich by taking advantage of a wide array of opportunities for networking, socializing and personal development.
Connect with your peers on a weekend getaway organized by the Graduate Business Council (GBC), give back as a Schulich Graduate Ambassador, or explore over 30 outstanding student clubs and committees.