Build an Unforgettable Grad Student Experience
Students personalize and enrich their experiences at Schulich by taking advantage of a wide array of opportunities for networking, socializing and personal development.
Attend student-run events like guest lectures, expert panels and conferences. Hone your leadership skills as a member of the executive body for Schulich’s outstanding clubs. Escape on annual student getaways, and compete with hundreds of other MBAs across Canada in case, spirit and athletic competitions.
The possibilities are endless. Where will your graduate studies take you?
- Connect With Us!
Internationalize Your MBA
The Schulich community is international and ever-growing.
Enrich your MBA experience by taking advantage of opportunities to work and study around the world.
- Apply to go on exchange and learn about working in a different culture
- Visit South America on a study tour for academic credit
- Gain an entirely new business perspective by touring local plants, farms and factories
- Build lasting relationships with friends, hosts and colleagues abroad
Graduate Business Council (GBC) EventsGet to Know Your GBC!
The Graduate Business Council (GBC) is the representative student body for both full-time and part-time students in all Schulich graduate degree programs. As the official student-faculty liaison, the GBC is responsible for protecting student interests through its representation on the Schulich School Faculty Council. The council also hosts social events including getaway weekends in September and January, an annual Graduate Formal, pub nights and Schulich representation at the MBA Games in January. Aside from social and athletic activities, the GBC serves as the student body’s voice to the faculty and administration.
Schulich’s clubs provide a valuable space for you to explore your business interests and develop skills for leadership.
From Canadian mining to investment banking to sustainable enterprise, our exciting variety of groups allow students to pursue a broad spectrum of relevant, timely interests. These organizations are a fantastic way to meet students, to mobilize efforts in important areas of business, and to assume leadership roles in executing guest lectures, expert panels and conferences.
In addition to the many student clubs offered at Schulich, there are over 250 clubs and organizations at York University to participate in. Learn more about Clubs at York.
Graduate Ambassador Program
The Graduate Ambassador Program offers graduate students a unique opportunity to promote an enhanced student experience for prospective, recently admitted and current students while developing personal, professional and leadership skills. Graduate Ambassadors are a select group of current student leaders who share their passion for being a Schulich student with the community.
Who can be a Graduate Ambassador?
- Current students in one of the Schulich master’s level programs (MBA, Accelerated MBA, IMBA, MBA/JD, MAcc, MBAN, MF, MMgt, MMKG, MMAI, MSCM, MREI ) enrolled in any cohort at Keele or Nadal campus
- Students who are members of: GBC General Council, GBC Student Clubs, Student GBC Affiliates (MBA/JD Joint Program Association, SOSA, YCG, YSEC, etc.), any Student Task Force
- Passionate students willing to connect with prospective, incoming, current students, guests and alumni
Activities include: hosting webinars, leading building tours and coffee chats; speaking at information sessions and graduate student fairs; participating in open houses and class visits, and contributing to the Schulich GradBlog and social media pages.
The commitment is flexible and participation is on a voluntary basis. Registration and training are required. If interested, e-mail email@example.com.