Keep pace with a radically changing business environment.
The relentless, rapid change associated with the business environment means that those holding MBA degrees must constantly upgrade their management knowledge and skills. Schulich has developed the Post-MBA Diploma in Advanced Management (PDAM), a program unique to North America in recognition of this need.
Open to individuals who hold an MBA degree from a recognized business school, the PDAM re-immerses graduates into the second year of the Schulich MBA program, allowing them to further their knowledge in an area of specialization or to update their skills.
The PDAM is a diploma program consisting of Schulich MBA elective courses. It encourages students to select electives strategically, with the goal of either broadening knowledge of a specific specialization, deepening knowledge of a specific area, or developing expertise in a new area. Students also have the option to explore a management topic in greater depth, such as business and sustainability.
- Skip to program details Apply now
The Post-MBA Diploma in Advanced Management enables you to deepen your knowledge of a functional area or industry sector and gives you the tools needed to accelerate your career. Students upgrade their management skills and enrich their understanding in areas such as:
- inventory management
- management of workplace diversity
- information systems
- global operations
- women in management
Students also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CDC offers a wealth of innovative programs, resources and individualized mentoring and coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events, and receive online access to the very best career tools available.Visit the Career Development Centre
PDAM Program Details by Category
Admission RequirementsView details Hide details
The general admission requirements for the PDAM are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
1. An MBA degree that is equivalent to a North American MBA from a recognized university. The program should be a two year full-time or part-time program equivalent to 60 credit hours of study. Coursework must cover all the functional areas of business.
2. GMAT or GRE
A GMAT or GRE score is not required for this program.
3. Work Experience
Two years of relevant full-time work experience post undergraduate degree.
4. Completion of the online application
The online application requires: Video essays and an updated resume. Copies of transcripts may be uploaded to facilitate the initial review process.
5. Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The PDAM program is offered on a full-time and part-time basis.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3||Round 4**|
|January 2022||June 10, 2021||July 22, 2021||September 2, 2021||October 28, 2021|
|September 2022||October 28, 2021||February 10, 2022||March 31, 2022||May 19, 2022|
*International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 to allow for sufficient study permit processing time.
** Late applications may be accepted pending space availability.
Tuition & FeesView details Hide details
Post MBA in Advanced Management
The Post MBA in Advanced Management may be completed on a full or part-time basis. For tuition refer to the tuition tables for the full or part-time MBA (above).
Study OptionsView details Hide details
Curriculum OverviewView details Hide details
The choice of elective courses for this Diploma is up to the student, respecting corequisite and prerequisite requirements.
Students are not required to choose a major. Instead, they are encouraged to select those electives that best suit their backgrounds and career interests.
For example, a student might:
- Add an international perspective to existing skills and knowledge in a specific functional area such as marketing or finance
- Add nonprofit organizations and the public sector to existing skills and knowledge of strategic planning for private sector firms
- Develop expertise in a new, highly applicable area – for example, study a management function such as organizational behaviour/industrial relations
- Explore relevant management topic such as business and the environment
Students may elect to cluster their electives around one or two areas specialization offered at Schulich to build functional or industry specific expertise. A number of areas also feature a Graduate Diploma program, which must be completed concurrently with a degree program.
Student ClubsView details Hide details
Students personalize and enrich their experiences at Schulich by taking advantage of a wide array of opportunities for networking, socializing and personal development.
Connect with the Graduate Business Council (GBC), give back as a Schulich Graduate Ambassador, or explore over 30 outstanding student clubs and committees.