Schulich has one of the top Marketing departments in the world. This specialization is valuable to almost any organization – profit or non-profit, new or mature, small or large, in Canada or abroad. The curriculum reflects the faculty’s focus on real world application, and includes electives designed to help students understand marketing strategy, the details of marketing tactics and the general principles of marketing in a rapidly evolving technological and diversified arena. Course material spans consumer behaviour, entertainment marketing, digital media and more.
Specialization Details by Category
Study OptionsView details Hide details
CoursesView details Hide details
To specialize in Marketing, enrol in 12.00 credits of Elective Courses.
- MKTG 3000 3.00 FUTURE OF MARKETING
- MKTG 3100 3.00 MARKETING RESEARCH
- MGMT 3150 3.00 BUSINESS CASE ANALYSIS AND PRESENTATION SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- MKTG 4100 3.00 STRATEGIC MARKET COMMUNICAITONS
- MKTG 4150 3.00 CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
- MKTG 4226 3.00 SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MARKETING & MANAGEMENT
- MKTG 4250 3.00 RETAIL MARKETING STRATEGIES
- MKTG 4320 3.00 TOURISM SPORT & LEISURE MARKETING
- MKTG 4321 3.00 ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING
- MKTG 4400 3.00 INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
- MKTG 4550 3.00 BRAND MANAGEMENT
- MKTG 4560 3.00 DIGITAL MARKETING
FacultyView details Hide details
In this specialization, Schulich faculty are concerned with marketing for the real world. Their education, experience and related expertise cover a wide range of contemporary marketing issues, all of which are reflected in the School’s required and elective marketing courses. Individual faculty have won a number of awards for both teaching and research. Professors are currently conducting research in the fields of consumer behaviour, marketing strategy and business-to business marketing.
Selected faculty members
Theodore J. Noseworthy
Associate Dean, External Relations; Canada Research Chair (Tier II); Professor of MarketingView profile
Ajay K. Sirsi
Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Director, MBA ProgramView profile
Associate Dean Programs; Director of the MBA in India Program; Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Royal Bank Professor of Nonprofit ManagementView profile
Dean, Professor of Marketing, Tanna H. Schulich Chair in Digital Marketing StrategyView profile
Professor of Marketing; Associate Dean, Research; Anne & Max Tanenbaum Chair in Entrepreneurship and Family EnterpriseView profile
Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Professor of MarketingView profile
M. David Rice
Associate Professor of Marketing; Area Coordinator, Marketing; Executive Director, Future of Marketing InstituteView profile
Russell W. Belk
Professor of Marketing; Kraft Foods Canada Chair in MarketingView profile
Professor of Marketing; Director, PhD ProgramView profile
Professor of Marketing and International BusinessView profile
Career OpportunitiesView details Hide details
Graduates specializing in Marketing have pursued careers in: brand or product management, marketing communications, market research, personal selling and sales management, academe, nonprofit management, and a host of related areas. Many have also founded their own firms.
The Schulich Centre for Career Design
Your career is top priority at Schulich. To make career decisions that are right for you, the CCD will help you identify strengths, determine career objectives, develop career plans, hone skills for career management and put your professional development plan into action.
- Our highly experienced CCD Advisors bring a unique combination of first-hand knowledge, experience and diverse perspectives in a wide variety of businesses and industry sectors.
- Take advantage of a series of proven career-building modules, including up-to-date Job Search Techniques, Self-Assessment, Resume and Cover Letter Writing, and Interview Skills to help you stand out from the competition.
- Corporate Information Sessions offer you an opportunity to meet top level recruiters, alumni and executives.Visit the Centre for Career Design
Student ClubsView details Hide details
York Marketing Association
The York Marketing Association (YMA) is the largest undergraduate marketing club at York University based out of the Schulich School of Business, comprised of over 330 students. Its goal is to expose these students to the many branches within the dynamic world of marketing and sales and provide many opportunities for growth and development to future business leaders. The Association delivers this goal through a wide range of events, sessions and case competitions.