Admission RequirementsAdmission to the BBA or iBBA program is based on two equally weighted criteria:
- Your academic performance
- Your supplementary application
The application process consists of two parts: your Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) application, and your Schulich Supplementary Application. The OUAC application is now closed for Fall 2017 admission, and the Supplementary Application will be available only until March 15, 2017, for those current York students applying to Schulich’s Delayed-Entry program.
- Fall 2017 Supplementary Application
The Schulich School of Business receives thousands of applications each year for several hundred spaces. To be competitive, applicants should aim for a high 80s/low 90s average.
Academic Requirements: Direct Entry Applicants
To be eligible for admission, Ontario high school applicants must complete *ENG4U, *MHF4U, and MCV4U or MDM4U as part of their top six grade 12 courses.
*A minimum of 70% in ENG4U and MHF4U is required. No more than two 4M courses will be considered for admission.
For Direct Entry academic requirements outside of Ontario, visit futurestudents.yorku.ca.
Academic Requirements: York Delayed Entry Applicants
Please note, due to Schulich’s small program size, we are not able to accept applications from transfer students currently studying outside of York. If you are interested in transferring to a different business program at York, please view York’s eligible programs.
Current York students who have completed the required prerequisite courses may be considered for admission to Year 2 of the BBA or iBBA program. Complete requirements and prerequisite course information, as well as the application packages, are available below:
- BBA Delayed Entry Information Package
- BBA Delayed Entry Application Form
- iBBA Delayed Entry Information Package
- iBBA Delayed Entry Application Form
The supplementary application has two components:
- Leadership Profile: Provide a list of co-curricular activities that demonstrate your leadership potential, community involvement and/or entrepreneurial spirit.
- Video Interview: Respond to questions recorded by current Schulich students to show us your creative thinking and communication skills, and complete a timed writing exercise.
To be considered for admission, applicants must apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) and complete a Supplementary Application (Leadership Profile and Video Interview with Timed Writing Exercise).
Fall 2017 OUAC Application Deadline
Direct-Entry Ontario High School Applicants (Year 1): January 11, 2017
Direct-Entry Non-Ontario High School Applicants (Year 1): February 1, 2017
York Delayed-Entry Applicants (Year 2): OUAC application not required
Fall 2017 Supplementary Application Deadline
Direct-Entry Ontario High School Applicants (Year 1): February 1, 2017
Direct-Entry Non-Ontario High School Applicants (Year 1): February 22, 2017
- Note: Due to unforeseen delays in the processing of 105 applications (both domestic and international) by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), and the subsequent distribution of York Reference Numbers to 105 applicants, the Schulich School of Business has extended its Supplementary Application deadline for all 105 applicants to: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 (from the original date of February 8, 2017). Please note that all other application deadlines remain the same. If you are a 105 applicant who applied via OUAC on or before February 1, 2017, but have not received your York Reference Number by Wednesday, February 15, 2017, please contact York University’s Admissions Client Services team at 416-736-5000.
York Delayed-Entry Applicants (Year 2): March 15, 2017Jump Link