Welcome to grad studies at the Schulich School of Business!
We’re thrilled to welcome you to the Schulich community!
If you have accepted your offer of admission, watch for instructions about your next steps from Student & Enrolment Services via e-mail, in the months leading up to your program start date.
This page features a number of key resources aimed at helping you at every stage in your transition to student life at Schulich.
You will receive a series of e-mails in the months leading up to your program start about the following:
1. Student AccountsView details Hide details
- Next steps for setting up your Passport York account, which you’ll need to access online services at York University, enrol in courses, and register for orientation.
- You will also be assigned a new Schulich e-mail address.
- Once your IDs have been created, the Career Development Centre will provide you with instructions to create an account on Handshake, where you can access all career services at Schulich.
2. Smart Start & Pre-Arrival WebinarsView details Hide details
MBA students will be e-mailed a link to register for Smart Start, a mandatory webinar scheduled in advance of your first term at Schulich, with their academic advisor.
Incoming Masters students will have an opportunity to participate in a class Q&A Webinar with their assigned academic advisor.
In addition to these webinars, international students will also connect with the International Relations team during pre-arrival webinars, scheduled in the months leading up to your move to Toronto. These sessions will address topics such as housing accommodations, study permits, health coverage and travel to Canada.
3. Program OrientationsView details Hide details
Learn about mandatory orientation activities that will be scheduled as you kick off your program. Orientation length and activities vary by program, but you can expect to meet your program director, connect with your new classmates, and familiarize yourself with different services and supports available to you at Schulich.
MBA students will be invited to a week of orientation events, designed to prepare you for the core MBA curriculum. Conduct a case analysis in teams, develop career skills and grow your team-building skills off campus. You’ll be sent dates and registration details before the start of term.
A Passport York account is required to register for all orientations.
4. Course EnrolmentView details Hide details
You will receive a detailed timetable of your first term classes and instructions on how to enrol in courses at Schulich. Please note that you will only receive instructions to enrol in classes after you have booked Smart Start or registered for your program orientation.
In the meantime, you may browse Schulich Course Offerings.
5. Prep Courses & Conditional RequirementsView details Hide details
If you are a MMgt, MMAI, MSCM or MMKG student, or if you have received a conditional offer, you may have mandatory prep courses to complete before your first term.
You will be e-mailed detailed instructions to complete your prep courses (typically 6 weeks in advance of the start of term). Do not enrol in the prep courses until you’ve been contacted by Student & Enrolment Services; in some cases you may require a Schulich access code, instructions for reimbursement and/or secure links to exam components.
6. Important Dates & RemindersView details Hide details
E-mail communications will also include reminders about fees, start dates, enrolment deadlines, advanced standing and more.
Starting at Schulich Next Term?
Take a look ahead at some helpful reminders and dates by selecting your Program Checklist below.
|MBA Checklist||MF Checklist|
|MBA India Checklist||MMAI Checklist|
|IMBA Checklist||MMgt Checklist|
|DIAc Checklist (Summer 2020)||MMKG Checklist|
|MAcc Checklist (Summer 2020)||MSCM Checklist (Summer 2020)|
|MBAN Checklist (Summer 2020)||MREI Checklist|
New to Toronto, Canada?Learn more about Services for International Students
Feel right at home by taking advantage of the amazing student population and resources available to you.
- Buddy up with a current Schulich student
- Check out the “New To Canada Arrival Guide”
- Register for a Pre-Arrival Webinar
York University Student Resources
Explore York’s Current Students webpage to:
- Access your student account, order transcripts and enrol in courses
- Find information about transportation, housing, parking and other on-campus resources
- Apply for academic accommodations with York University’s Student Accessibility Services, which offers a range of services that support your academic success
- Plot your weekly schedule and map out your term with the Visual Schedule Builder, a self-serve online tool for course planning