The Schulich Entrepreneurial Studies program is an experiential MBA specialization designed for proactive individuals who desire to create, grow or enable ventures for the new economy. It recognizes the increasing importance of growing small and medium-sized enterprises as the primary job creators and important sources of innovation in national economies. The curriculum is focused on founding, financing and growing ventures – including social, corporate, family, international or domestic enterprises.
Specialization Details by Category
Study OptionsView details Hide details
CoursesView details Hide details
Students must complete 12.00 credits total, consisting of:
- 12.00 credits of Elective Courses
- ENTR 6400 3.00 FIELD STUDY: INNOVATING WITH ENTREPRENEURS, UNLOCKING NEW VENTURE POTENTIAL
- ENTR 6605 3.00 ENTREPRENEURSHIP & NEW FIRM CREATION
- ENTR 6645 3.00 CORPORATE ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- ENTR 6655 3.00 SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- ENTR 6910 3.00 VENTURE CAPITAL AND PRIVATE EQUITY
- ENTR 6960 6.00 VENTURE MENTORSHIP MATCH
- HIMP 6180 3.00 ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION IN HEALTHCARE
- MGMT 6800 3.00 INNOVATION THROUGH TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
- MGMT 6810 3.00 CREATIVITY & INNOVATION: TECHNIQUES FOR A RAPIDLY CHANGING WORLD
- MKTG 6440 3.00 NEW PRODUCTS
- MKTG 6570 3.00 STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL SELLING
- OMIS 6700 3.00 MANAGING NEW TECHNOLOGY
- SGMT 6050 3.00 MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- SGMT 6060 3.00 THE ART OF THE DEAL
- SGMT 6400 3.00 STRATEGIC THINKING AND ACTION IN TURBULENT ENVIRONMENTS
- SGMT 6800 3.00 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY - BASED FIRMS
- SB/MECH 6503 3.00 DISRUPTIVE & EXPONENTIAL TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
NOTE: Not all courses required to fulfill a specialization are offered each term. Course offerings are based on factors such as student demand and instructor availability. The office of Student Services & International Relations is available to provide advising on course sequencing and the fulfillment of program and specialization requirements within a student’s period of study. For current course offerings and details, please view the Schulich Course Offerings Database.
FacultyView details Hide details
Faculty members have a wealth of experience in the ENTR sector as consultants, advisors, board members, venture capitalists, financing and marketing experts, economy development officers and, most importantly, entrepreneurs. They have published numerous articles and technical monographs and are sought after frequently by the media to comment on economic or business issues.
Selected faculty members
Professor of Operations Management and Information Systems; CPA Ontario Chair in International Entrepreneurship; Co-director of Entrepreneurial StudiesView profile
Co-Director of Entrepreneurial Studies; Entrepreneur in ResidenceView profile
Sessional Instructor; President & CEO at Canopy Rivers Inc.View profile
Sessional Instructor; CEO of Pycap Venture PartnersView profile
Instructor of MarketingView profile
Professor of Entrepreneurship and Strategic ManagementView profile
Professor of Marketing; Anne & Max Tanenbaum Chair in Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise; Director, PhD ProgramView profile
Instructor of Entrepreneurship and Strategic ManagementView profile
Geoffrey M Kistruck
Professor; RBC Chair in Social Innovation & Impact; Director Social Sector Management ProgramView profile
Sessional Instructor; Founder and CEO at VitessXView profile
Instructor of Marketing and ENTRView profile
Career OpportunitiesView details Hide details
Entrepreneurship courses are designed for proactive individuals intending to create new value in small, medium or large organizations – developing students’ confidence, knowledge and practical skills. Graduates have started their own ventures or followed alternate career paths such as owner/manager of small or medium sized organizations, corporate, public or social sector intrapreneur, heir to a family firm, consultant to entrepreneurial businesses, entrepreneurial finance specialist or professional manager.
“From day one, the Schulich part-time MBA offered me the kind of flexibility I needed to achieve my career objectives.”
The Schulich Career Development Centre
Your career is top priority at Schulich. To make career decisions that are right for you, the CDC will help you identify strengths, determine career objectives, develop career plans, hone skills for career management and put your professional development plan into action.
- Our highly experienced CDC Advisors bring a unique combination of first-hand knowledge, experience and diverse perspectives in a wide variety of businesses and industry sectors.
- Take advantage of a series of proven career-building modules, including up-to-date Job Search Techniques, Self-Assessment, Resume and Cover Letter Writing, and Interview Skills to help you stand out from the competition.
- Corporate Information Sessions offer you an opportunity to meet top level recruiters, alumni and executives.Visit the Career Development Centre
Student ClubsView details Hide details
Schulich Venture Club – SVC
The Schulich Ventures Club supports & strengthens entrepreneurship at The Schulich School of Business with a focus on MBA entrepreneurs and startup enthusiasts. The SVC operates in collaboration with: The Schulich Startups Program, Faculty Advisor & Entrepreneur in Residence Chris Carder and The Schulich Entrepreneurship Society (which supports BBA entrepreneurs). Join the SVC and become a crucial piece of the bustling startup and venture investing ecosystem at Schulich (with workshops, information sessions and networking opportunities that can help support you on your entrepreneurial journey).
Schulich Startups ProgramView details Hide details
Schulich Startups is a community of startup founders, aspiring & established entrepreneurs, staff, and students. We are headquartered at the Schulich School of Business and directed by Schulich’s Entrepreneur in Residence & Co-Director of Entrepreneurial Studies – Chris Carder. Do you know a Schulich entrepreneur we should connect with? Email Chris at email@example.com.
Concierge Services include: mentorship matching, client/pilot sourcing, assisting with financing and support with product design, business modelling and pitch strategy.
Events include: Schulich Startup Night, Dream Team, The Schulich Idea Jam and our Schulich Startups Signature VIP Events featuring exclusive sessions and coaching with top Alumni and Startup Community Leaders.