One Global Experience: Two Degrees
Be part of a rich academic legacy and evolving global economy, as you grow your cultural acumen and leadership skills.
Set yourself apart with the Future Leaders program in partnership with the Guanghua School of Management. After completing two years of study at the Schulich School of Business, travel to Peking University for years 3 and 4 of your degree program, where you’ll study alongside business students from top international universities.
A Competitive Advantage
Learn firsthand about the world’s largest manufacturing economy with the fastest growing consumer market in the world. Benefit from specialized business courses taught by leading experts in the field from Guanghua’s world class faculty. In just four years, graduate with both a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA or iBBA) from the Schulich School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts in Management from the Guanghua School of Management.
- Apply Now! Click to see the e-brochure
Access to a Global Network
As a member of the Future Leaders program, you become part of a diverse and prestigious international cohort. With foundational Chinese language courses and cultural immersion opportunities, you’ll gain access to business leaders, government officials and top ranked instructors to prepare you for opportunities to work in China.
Future Leaders Program:
5 Schulich students selected annually
15 Founding Partner Universities
4 years to earn two undergraduate degrees
The Schulich School of Business is proud to be a founding member of the Future Leaders program alongside the following globally recognized schools:
Bocconi University, Italy
Erasmus University, Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands
ESSEC Business School, France
FGV Business School, Brazil
The University of Hong Kong, China
IE Business School, Spain
Keio University, Japan
Queen’s University, Smith School of Business, Canada
University of Mannheim, Germany
Moscow State University, Russia
National University of Singapore, Singapore
SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am I eligible?
Am I eligible?
BBA and iBBA students who are currently in Year 2 of their program (entering Year 3 in Fall 2022) are eligible for the program.
Please join us for an information session about the program on Wednesday September 29th @ 9AM Toronto time. Click here to register.
Carefully review the Evaluation Criteria and Application Process below before completing and submitting your application online by Wednesday, October 6 @ 12NOON. Short-listed applicants must be available for an interview morning of Tuesday October 12 or afternoon of Wednesday October.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China and be willing to contribute to addressing global challenges and promoting cross-cultural communication;
- Exhibit strong moral character, a clear sense of mission, and global vision;
- Have a track record of leadership potential and social responsibility, or the ability to make an impact in their field/community;
- Determination, energy and adaptability to drive changes despite obstacles, and inspire others to help make changes happen
- Meet Peking University International Student admissions requirements
- Completed Online application form
- Transcripts/academic records (scanned copies are acceptable during the application stage, but original documents must be submitted upon start of the program);
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One letter focused on academic ability and potential, coming from someone such as a current or former professor.
- One letter focused on the personal characteristics and leadership potential as described in your application materials. People responsible for coordinating programs or activities in which students are involved may be good sources for recommendations.
- Two essays:
- Essay 1: Personal Statement (up to 500 words)
- Essay 2: Answer one of the following two questions (up to 500 words)
- Option A: What characteristics do you think are essential to global leadership in today’s world and why?
- Option B: In what ways do you anticipate that understanding China will help you accomplish your personal and professional goals?
Interviews — October/November
1st-round interview: Schulich’s Selection Committee will carry out a preliminary evaluation of application materials and conduct a 1st-round interview for qualifying candidates. Applicants must be available October 12th or 13th for an interview via Zoom.
2nd-round interview: Peking will invite candidates nominated by Schulich to attend a second round interview for final evaluation. This year’s interviews will take place virtually mid-November
The Future Leaders program accepts up to a maximum of five students from each consortium school.
The Schulich School of Business will interview and shortlist up to a maximum of 10 candidates for a second round interview with representatives from Peking University.
Peking University will issue offers of admission to the Future Leaders program to a maximum of five students in December 2020.
Students enrolled in the Future Leaders program will study full-time in Fall 2022, Winter 2023, Fall 2023 and Winter 2024.
Summer 2023 will remain a break term, in which students may travel home, or work with Peking University to secure work authorization and source opportunities.
YES, the Future Leaders program serves as the international exchange component for iBBA students.