Maximize Your York ExperienceAdd business to your undergraduate degree with the Pathway to Master of Management Program
In partnership with York University’s Faculties of Science, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change, Faculty of Health, Lassonde School of Engineering, Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD) and Glendon, Schulich offers incoming students the opportunity to gain early conditional admission into the Master of Management (MMgt).
The Pathway to Master of Management Program (PMMP) allows high-achieving students to acquire four years of specialized knowledge in their undergraduate program of interest, then grow their business expertise with a one-year MMgt degree. The five-year program structure is designed to prepare graduates for new career opportunities, post-graduation. Learn more below.
Benefits of the Pathway to Master of Management Program
The Master of Management curriculum provides an intensive overview of management fundamentals to build on your undergraduate degree. Core courses in topics like economics and managerial accounting are complemented by experiential learning that focuses on strategic thinking, business communication and team dynamics.
The capstone of the program is an Enterprise Consulting Project, where you’ll work closely with an organization to develop strategies for business development and solutions to management challenges. After the MMgt degree, acquire 2 or more years of work experience to qualify for Advanced Standing and complete a Schulich MBA in as little as 8 months.
Fast-Track Your Admission to the MMgt
The Pathway Program provides you with early conditional admission to the Master of Management.
- A simplified early application process to the Schulich Master of Management (MMgt) program
- Application components waived, including application fees
- An early conditional offer of admission to the MMgt program prior to beginning your undergraduate degree at York
Eligibility for the Pathway to the Master of Management Program
To be eligible for the Pathway to the Master of Management, candidates must meet the following requirements:
Direct-entry From High School
- Minimum 85% average
- Meet the Schulich English proficiency requirement
- Completion of the Supplementary Application (see below)
- Admitted to Glendon, Faculty of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change, Faculty of Health, School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD), or Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS)
- Business-related programs at York are excluded from the PMMP eligibility: Commerce, Economics, Business Economics, Financial and Business Economics, and Human Resources Management
Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Transfer Students to York University
Transfer Students to York may be considered for the Pathway to the Master of Management. In addition to the eligibility requirements listed above, transfer students must meet the following:
- Minimum B+ average from previous College or University studies
- Completion of the Transfer Student Supplementary Application (see below)
Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Students must be spending at least 2 academic years at York in a PMMP approved faculty/program (ie. 60+ credits) to be considered.
The 2024 PMMP intake will open on November 16, 2023.
As stated in the eligibility requirements, to be considered for the PMMP, all applicants must complete a Supplementary Application, consisting of two video interviews, and a timed written question. The Supplementary Application will open on November 16, 2023.
Direct-entry from high school, begin your application here: https://app.kiratalent.com/n/assessment/N61KSO
The direct entry deadline to apply for the PMMP is March 6, 2024.
Transfer students to York begin your application here: https://app.kiratalent.com/n/assessment/j2bOuU
The transfer student deadline to apply for the PMMP is May 1, 2024.
Pathway Program FAQs
Who is eligible to apply to the Pathway Program?
Who is eligible to apply to the Pathway Program?
Only first year incoming students with a final admission average of 85% , who have met all entry requirements for a non-business undergraduate degree in York University’s Faculty of Science, Glendon, Lassonde School of Engineering, Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change, Faculty of Health, School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD), or Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS) are eligible for the Pathway program.
Because the MMgt program is designed for students from non-business backgrounds who enter immediately upon completion of their undergraduate degree, work experience is not required and applicants may not have more than two years of full-time work experience. Thus:
- Students interested in pursuing the program must have less than 2 years of full-time work experience to be eligible to participate.
- Be direct-entry from high school or a transfer students to York.
- Have a minimum 85% average
- Meet English proficiency requirements*
- Complete a Supplementary Application
- Eligible students may not pursue a minor, major, or certificate in business during their undergraduate studies (note: this does not include the Lassonde BEST Certificate).
- Excluded programs: Commerce, Economics, Business Economics, Financial and Business Economics, and Human Resources Management
- Transfer students must spend at least 2 years at York in a PMMP approved faculty/program (ie. 60+ )
Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Additional faculty or program-specific conditions may apply.
*Glendon applicants that are admitted without meeting an English proficiency requirement will be required to submit an acceptable English language test score prior to entering the MMgt.
Students in the Pathway Program gain conditional admission into the MMgt program. However, they are required to maintain a minimum B+ average in the final two years of study and successfully complete the degree in order to clear the condition and receive an unconditional offer of acceptance.
Students are not required to pay any fees beyond the tuition fees for their undergraduate degree and the tuition for the Master of Management (MMgt) program.
A confirmation deposit in the amount of $3,000 CAD is required in order to reserve your spot in the program in year four. The deposit is non-refundable and will be credited towards your first tuition payment.