Maximize Your York ExperienceAdd business to your undergraduate degree with the Pathway to Master of Management Program
In partnership with York University’s Faculties of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD) and Glendon, Schulich offers incoming students the opportunity to join a pre-admission program to prepare them for entry to Schulich’s Master of Management (MMgt).
The Pathway to Master of Management Program (PMMP) allows high-achieving students to acquire four years of specialized knowledge in their undergraduate program of interest, then grow their business expertise with a one-year MMgt degree. The five-year program structure is designed to prepare graduates for new career opportunities, post-graduation.
Benefits of the Pathway to Master of Management Program
The Master of Management curriculum provides an intensive full-sweep of management fundamentals to build on your undergraduate degree. Core courses in topics like economics and managerial accounting are complemented by experiential learning that focuses on strategic thinking, business communication and team dynamics.
The capstone of the program is an Enterprise Consulting Project, where you’ll work closely with an organization to develop strategies for business development and solutions to management challenges. After the MMgt degree, acquire 2 or more years of work experience to qualify for Advanced Standing and complete a Schulich MBA in as little as 8 months.
As you complete your undergraduate degree at York, you’ll benefit from:
- Highly engaging master classes on topics like personal branding, strategy and negotiations
- Networking with current students and alumni
- Sessions and resources to help you define and map your career goals
Fast-Track Your Admission to the MMgt
The Pathway Program is a pre-admission program, providing you with access to a fast-tracked application process. Students who opt in to the Pathway Program must still have a formal application assessed for admission, but will benefit from:
- A simplified early application process to the Schulich Master of Management (MMgt) program
- Application components waived, including application fees
- An early conditional offer of admission to the MMgt program at the end of Year 3
Pathway Program FAQs
Who is eligible to apply to the Pathway Program?
Who is eligible to apply to the Pathway Program?
Only first year incoming students with a final admission average of 85% applying to York University’s Faculties of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD) and Glendon will be invited to join the Pathway stream. Faculty of Science students will be invited to join upon admission and must confirm their participation in the Pathway Program during their Faculty of Science enrolment advising appointment.
Because the MMgt program is designed for students from non-business backgrounds who enter immediately upon completion of their science degree, work experience is not required and applicants may not have more than two years of full-time work experience. Thus:
- Students interested in pursuing the program must have less than 2 years of full-time work experience to be eligible to participate.
- Eligible students may not pursue a minor, major, or certificate in business during their undergraduate studies.
- Additional faculty or program-specific conditions may apply.
No. Enrolment in the Pathway to Master of Management (MMgt) Program does not automatically admit a student into the Schulich Master of Management Program. The Pathway Program is a pre-admission program providing access to a fast-tracked application process. Students who opt in to the Pathway program must still have a formal application assessed for admission to the Master of Management Program. However, you will benefit from a fast-tracked application process that provides early application and assessment prior to other general applicants.
- submit a formal application at the end of your 3rd year of study to be conditionally admitted to the Master of Management(MMgt) program in the summer before your 4th year.
- achieve a B+ average in the last two years of your undergraduate program
- attend select mandatory Schulich engagement activities to meet the conditions of your admission
Students are not required to pay any fees beyond the tuition fees for their undergraduate degree and the tuition for the Master of Management (MMgt) program.
Currently, the Pathway Program is only open to students starting in Fall 2019 who are entering their first year at York University. Students outside of the Pathway stream must apply separately for the MMgt program or other Masters program at Schulich, rather than simply opt in.
Students may opt out of the Program at any time, simply by communicating in writing their intent to withdraw from the Pathway Program cohort (student group).
Students are encouraged to participate in all Schulich Pathway Program events during their undergraduate studies. However, we recognize that students have many demands placed on their time and so, while we recommend that students attend all events, only certain events will be considered compulsory, particularly in the last two years (3rd and 4th) of your first degree.