Centre for Customer Centricity
Schulich’s new Centre for Customer Centricity (CCC) is based at our Toronto Keele campus as well as our campus in Hyderabad, India. The goal of the Centre is to engage Schulich MBA students on a consulting assignment to help organizations with any facet related to the management philosophy of customer centricity.
Customer centricity is a management philosophy that puts the customer at the centre of all decision making. A customer-centric business makes decisions outside in, not inside out. This philosophy is manifested in the organization’s strategy to align how it creates value for the target customer. To achieve this, all functions within the organization must work toward a common customer goal.
The CCC has been launched thanks to the generous support of StarTech.com.
How We Work
- Each year, 30 MBA students are recruited: 15 from the main campus and 15 from the Hyderabad campus, enabling collaboration between students from both campuses.
- Working in groups of six, five student groups will work on a consulting project during the Spring term on a pre-determined aspect of customer centricity for an organization.
- Five partner companies are selected from a pool of applicants. There is a nominal fee for being a partner company. Interested companies and organizations please contact Professor Ajay Sirsi (email@example.com).
- Students will be coached and guided throughout by Professor Ajay Sirsi, the Centre’s Director.
- Students will present their findings and recommendations to their clients in Spring, upon the arrival of the MBA India students from the Hyderabad campus.
- Students will earn a full-course credit for participating in the project.
- MBA in Toronto MBA in India
“Customer centricity has been my research and consulting focus for many years. Customer centric organizations are more successful than their peers. My goal is to make the CCC into a world-leading locus for the creation, application, and dissemination of knowledge related to helping organizations harness the power of customer centricity.”
30 Participating MBA Students, each earning a full-course credit.
5 Partner Companies, each provided with detailed analysis, findings, and recommendations.
2 Campuses, Keele Campus in Toronto, Canada and Hyderabad Campus in India.
“Professor Sirsi has helped codify a philosophy I have always deeply believed in: an approach centered on the customer is the key to success. My vision for the Centre is to help other companies learn, apply, and benefit from the customer centric approach that has helped make my company so successful.”
How to Apply (Students)
What’s in it for you?View details Hide details
- Experiential learning
- Total access to Professor Ajay Sirsi’s expertise and coaching
- Consulting Project added to your resume
- Full-course credit
Student JourneyView details Hide details
|November 1||Application package submitted electronically to Professor Ajay Sirsi (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|December 15||Students selected, groups formed and matched with companies|
|January 15||Coaching begins|
|May 1||Draft report (PowerPoint deck) submitted to Professor Ajay Sirsi|
|June 1||Client Presentation|
Application PackageView details Hide details
- Why are you applying?
- What do you hope to get out of the program?
- What unique capabilities will you bring to the program?