I am going on a study tour, now what?
Start thinking about where you would like to add the credits (i.e. WI or SU, 3.0 or 1.5). Please ensure there is room for the course to be added.
Note: You can be enrolled to a maximum of 18 credits in a term.
Entry requirements differ by citizenship. Non-Canadian citizens are advised to review their specific visa requirements. Please contact us if you require a letter.
- Do I need a Visa?
Please check your passport and start the renewal process now if your passport expires six months before the study tour.
You are responsible for your own international flight booking.
It is beneficial to set up alerts to monitor prices and book when you find the dates/times/price that work best for you.
Register with your Consulate/Embassy
- Canadian Citizens Register Here
Please note that the due date for the final installment of the general program fee will be provided at a later time. You may need to contact your credit card company to make arrangements to increase your limit or ask for a one-time large sum payment so that you can charge the final installment to your card. Details of how to make your final payment will be provided.
- The study tour fee includes the following:
- Accommodation (dual occupancy), all breakfasts, welcome dinner, internet, city tours, ground transportation, university and company visits
- While budgeting for the trip, you should consider the following items not included in the base fee:
- International flights, local transfers from international flights, visas, food not included in itinerary, shopping/souvenirs, optional excursions, other miscellaneous costs
Please go ahead and purchase travel medical insurance (and trip cancellation/interruption if you choose). While we have group liability insurance which provides certain types of coverage, you will need your own personal insurance just as you would for any trip outside of Canada. Some people may already have coverage through other methods (work, credit card, etc.). Please just remember to read the fine print to confirm your coverage.
While budgeting for the trip, you should consider the following items not included in the base fee: International flights, local transfers from international flights, visas, food not included in the itinerary, shopping/souvenirs, optional excursions, other miscellaneous costs.