Why choose a Summer Program at Schulich?
Intelligent Innovation Ecosystem Design
June 3 – 14, 2024
This two-week intensive course unlocks the strategies behind creating a thriving Tech & Innovation Ecosystem — leveraging the incredible story of Toronto’s rapid rise to global prominence. In the last decade, Toronto has moved from a local presence into an international one: an ecosystem that nurtures and powers up high-growth startups, scaleups and unicorns.
This hands-on course will be taught by guest lecturers from the most influential ecosystem design minds in Toronto and is enhanced by site visits to strategic locations, experiential learning opportunities, and facetime with leading innovators along with some cultural and sightseeing activities.
“Not only was the course fabulously structured and taught, the two weeks was also filled with fun activities that were a splendid surprise. If there are any more short courses in the future, I would definitely love to be a part.”
EligibilityView details Hide details
MBA or graduate level business students that meet the selection criteria for the exchange program. Contact your Exchange Office for more information.
Program InformationView details Hide details
Intelligent Innovation Ecosystem Design
This course is designed to empower students with the skills and experiences to master the tech landscape and to bring systems thinking to their own organizations and communities. Toronto’s entry and dominance in the Tech & Innovation space, paired with Schulich’s global brand and track record, brings fresh and strategic insights for standing out and adding value in such a competitive industry.
- $695 CAD
- Included in this fee: welcome lunch, sightseeing tours in Toronto, day trip to Niagara Falls, social and cultural excursions, farewell dinner, transportation to and from all activities, a public transportation pass, all course materials and readings and basic health insurance
- Tuition is waived for students nominated by a partner school
- 3.00 Schulich credits
- 39 contact hours
- Classes will be held at the Schulich School of Business Nadal Management Centre in downtown Toronto
- Students must attend and participate in all class sessions
- The program incorporates experiential learning by incorporating site visits into the curriculum.
- In addition to course content, the program includes extracurricular excursions to Toronto tourist sights and attractions. Previous years’ programs scheduling include:
- Toronto City Tour
- Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Game
- Niagara Falls Tour
- Dinner at the CN Tower 360 Restaurant
The schedule for 2024 will be posted soon. An example of a previous schedule can be found here: Schulich Summer Program
Program ProcessesView details Hide details
|Nomination Deadline (for Exchange Coordinators)
|June 3 – 14, 2024
Step 1: Nomination
In order to be accepted for the summer program at Schulich, students must be nominated by one of our graduate partner schools. If you attend a non-partner school, please contact us.
Step 2: Application
Nominated students will receive a welcome email and link to an online application. The application requires the following documents:
- Transcript including Master’s courses
- Proof of English proficiency if studying in a language other than English
- Resume or curriculum vitae
Step 3: Acceptance
Once the application has been reviewed, final confirmation will be given to the students (with cc to the coordinator). Students should wait for confirmation before making any plans.
Step 4: Accommodations
Students can choose accommodations to suit their budget. Information will be emailed to participants.
Please refer to Living in Toronto for more information.
Step 5: Arrival
Students should arrive a few days prior to the start of the program to allow time to adjust to the time difference and to settle into their accommodation. To help with your arrival, please refer to the Summer Program Arrival Guide.
Step 6: End of the Program
A transcript will be sent to the partner school after completion of the program.
Meet the TeamView details Hide details
For any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact a member of the International Relations Team