Schulich Launches Pitch Deck Advisory Council
As the entrepreneurial spirit thrived within the halls of Schulich, an innovative initiative was set into motion: the launch of the Pitch Deck Advisory Council. The Council, comprised of 12 Schulich Alumni and Instructors, all active members within the venture capital community, was created out of a desire to further support founders in the Schulich Startups community.
“The Schulich Startups community is blessed to have so many Alumni leaders from the Venture Capital Sector ready to step-up and support our Founders of today and tomorrow,” said Chris Carder, Executive Director of the Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship. “This is another great example of how our Alumni and their incredible talents are our most powerful resource to achieve long-term scale and impact within the innovation ecosystem.”
In recent years, Schulich Startups Founders have raised a remarkable $44M. The Council is an investment in the future, providing guidance to up-and-coming Founders in perfecting their pitch decks and preparing for various stages of funding.
The inaugural 12-member Council includes:
- Ujwal Arkalgud (MBA 2009), Executive Vice President at Lux Research
- Snita Balsara (MBA 2012), Principal at BDC Capital
- Shelley Li, MBA (MBA 2019), Director, Innovation Banking at CIBC Innovation Banking
- Peyvand Melati (EMBA 2018), General Partner at Axion Fund
- Mudit Rawat (MBA 2009), Head of M&A at TAO
- Sarah Willson, Investor at Panache Ventures
- Stuart Browne (MBA 2009), Chief Executive Officer at Pycap Ventures
- Artem Chaykovskyy (JD/MBA 2024), 2L Summer Associate at Osler, Hoskin and Harcourt LLP
- Tarun Agarwal, CFA, CA Agarwal (MBA 2020), Associate at Two Small Fish Ventures
- Abdel Ali, CFA (MBA 2021), former Venture Associate at R-LABS Canada
- Nikhil Nayar (IMBA 2021), Associate at Rogue Insight Capital
- Leah Perry (MBA 2022), Senior Manager, Cleantech, Venture Services at MaRS Discovery District
Cherry Rose Tan, Schulich Startups Entrepreneur in Residence, led the recruitment and organization of this dynamic team. The Advisory Council is more than just a group; it is a testament to the power of community, a promise of continued growth, and an inspiration for Schulich Founders venturing into the world of entrepreneurship.