Five crucial digital policy questions for Canada
In a cogent response to the federal government’s announcement of its promised review of Canada’s communications legislation, ARTM Adjunct Professor Douglas Barrett has published an incisive series of articles on cartt.ca in which he poses five critical questions that must be answered if this much needed policy review is to be successful:
1. Do we still have a system?
2. What are the “Elements” of The System?
3. What do we do with the Digital Media Exemption Order?
4. What’s the role of the Regulator going to be?
5. What should a reformed system deliver to Canadians?