Master of Real Estate and Infrastructure (MREI) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MREI are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with a minimum of one year of work experience.
- Work Experience
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Relevant full-time work experience of 2 – 5 years is strongly preferred.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program. See Revised GRE/GMAT policy for Fall 2019 entry below.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Revised GRE/GMAT policy:
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are not required upon submission of your application. However, submission of these test scores:
- Is optional should you wish to provide further evidence of academic potential.
- May be requested by the Admissions Committee if further evidence of academic performance is required.
Those who have graduated from a Schulich degree-granting program within the last five years are eligible for the following:
- A $150 application fee waiver
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The MREI program is offered on a full-time basis only.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3*||Round 4**|
|September 2021||October 29, 2020||January 29, 2021||March 10, 2021||April 30, 2021|
*International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 3 to allow for sufficient study permit processing time.
** Late applications may be accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.