Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence (MMAI) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MMAI are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in the program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed. Three-year degree holders who have strong results in relevant technical courses and have a year or more of professional work experience in data intensive computing may be considered for admission.
1 – An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work in one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or Science. Undergraduate degree holders in other subject areas (Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts, Education etc.) will be considered if they have completed a significant number of university courses in relevant topics (see list below). Successful applicants will have completed at least one university course on a listed topic, in two of the following categories.
• Introductory Statistics
• Data Mining and Machine Learning
• Introduction to Data Science
• Linear Algebra
• Introduction to Programming
• Introduction to Data Structures
• Introduction to Databases
• Data Mining
• Business Intelligence
• Data Management
• Data Science for Business
• Artificial Intelligence for Business
• Business Analytics
2- Work Experience
- Not required but internships or prior experience is recommended
3 – Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
- GMAT/GRE not required
4 -Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence is offered on a full-time basis only. Applications for Summer 2023 are closed. Applications for the next MMAI program intake (Summer 2024) are now open.
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4**|
|May 2024||July 26, 2023||September 6, 2023||November 22, 2023||February 14, 2024|
*International students are encouraged to apply in Round 1. International students are still welcome to apply after this date and will be considered for admission pending space in the program. Please keep in mind that you must have enough time to apply for a study permit if you are granted an offer.
**For domestic applicants only.
Apply Now! View MMAI Program Details Tuition Fees and Costs
MMAI Viewbook Admission Events Application Tips
Please note: Responses from referees can be completed after the application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.