Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBAN are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed. Three-year degree holders who have strong results in relevant technical courses and have a year or more of professional work experience in data intensive computing may be considered for admission.
- A four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work in one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or Science. Undergraduate degree holders in other subject areas (Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts, Education etc.) will be considered if they have completed a significant number of university courses in relevant topics (see list below). Successful applicants will have completed at least one university course on a listed topic, in two of the following categories.
- Introductory Statistics
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Introduction to Data Science
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Introduction to Databases
- Data Mining
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management
- Data Science for Business
- Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Business Analytics
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Students who have graduated from Schulich within the last five years are eligible for a $150 application fee waiver.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The MBAN program is offered on a full-time basis only. The next MBAN program intake is May 2022 (Summer 2022).
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4**|
|May 2022||August 12, 2021||October 7, 2021||November 25, 2021||February 17, 2022|
*International students are encouraged to apply as early as they are able in order to have sufficient time to apply for a study permit, should they receive an offer of admission.
**For domestic applicants only.
Please note: Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.