Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBAN are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed. Three-year degree holders who have strong results in relevant technical courses and have a year or more of professional work experience in data intensive computing may be considered for admission.
- A four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work in one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or Science. Undergraduate degree holders in other subject areas (Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts, Education etc.) will be considered if they have completed a significant number of university courses in relevant topics (see list below). Successful applicants will have completed at least one university course on a listed topic, in two of the following categories.
- Introductory Statistics
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Introduction to Data Science
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Data Structures
- Introduction to Databases
- Data Mining
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management
- Data Science for Business
- Artificial Intelligence for Business
- Business Analytics
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|IELTS (Academic Test)
|7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
|100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
Students who have graduated from Schulich within the last five years are eligible for a $150 application fee waiver.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The MBAN program is offered on a full-time basis only and starts in May. Applications are being accepted for the Summer 2024 MBAN program.
|July 26, 2023
|September 6, 2023
|November 22, 2023
|February 14, 2024
*International students are encouraged to apply by the Round 1 deadline. International students are still welcome to apply after this date and will be considered for admission pending space in the program. Please keep in mind that you must have enough time to apply for a study permit if you are granted an offer.
**For domestic applicants only.
Please note: Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.