Schulich Centre for Teaching Excellence
Formally established in 1996, the overarching goal of the Schulich Centre for Teaching Excellence (SCTE) is to create an academic community within Schulich that is committed to teaching and learning excellence. Our commitment is to encourage, support and collaborate with the teaching community through pedagogical innovation, curricular and co-curricular experiential learning opportunities, with a commitment to student well-being and success.
Schulich Centre for Teaching Excellence Goals
Underpinning the overall goals of creating an academic community committed to teaching and learning excellence are specific and sometimes interrelated objectives:
· build knowledge and skills to enhance course design, delivery, and assessment for both new and more experienced faculty;
· rapid identification and response to teaching issues;
· recognize teaching excellence and diffuse best practices;
· lead and interface with various committees, administrators and students on teaching and learning policies, curriculum and resources within Schulich; and
· scholarly engagement on teaching and learning with the wider academic community.