Welcome to grad studies at the Schulich School of Business!
We’re thrilled to welcome you to the Schulich community!
This page features a number of key resources aimed at helping you at every stage in your transition to student life at Schulich.
If you have accepted your offer of admission for Fall 2018, watch for detailed instructions about your next steps from Student & Enrolment Services via e-mail. If you have accepted an offer of admission for Winter 2019, you’ll receive these details in late Fall.
You will receive a series of e-mails in the months leading up to your program start about the following:
1. Student Accounts
- Next steps for setting up your Passport York account, which you’ll need to access online services at York University, enrol in courses, and register for orientation.
- You will also be assigned a new Schulich e-mail address.
- Once your Schulich e-mail account has been created, the Career Development Centre will provide you with credentials to log in to CareerQuest, where you can access all career services at Schulich.
2. Smart Start & Pre-Arrival Webinars
MBA students will be e-mailed a link to register for Smart Start, a mandatory webinar scheduled in advance of your first term at Schulich. International students will also have an opportunity to connect with the International Relations team during pre-arrival webinars, scheduled in the months leading up to your move to Toronto.
Please note that you will only receive instructions to enrol in classes after you have booked Smart Start or registered for your orientation. A Passport York account is required for registration.
3. Program Orientations
Learn about mandatory orientation events to kick off your program. Conduct a case analysis in teams, develop career skills and get to know your colleagues. You’ll be sent dates and registration details before the start of term.
4. Prep Courses & Conditional Requirements
If you are a MMgt or MMKG student, or if you have received a conditional offer, you may have mandatory prep courses to be completed before your first term. You will be e-mailed details and an access code to complete your prep courses (typically 6 weeks in advance of the start of term).
5. Important Dates & Reminders
E-mail communications will also include reminders about fees, start dates, advanced standing and more.
York University Student Resources
Explore York’s Current Students webpage to:
- Access your student account, order transcripts and enrol in courses
- Find information about transportation, housing, parking and other on-campus resources
- Apply for academic accommodations with York University’s Counselling & Disability Services, which offers a range of services that support your academic success
- Plot your weekly schedule and map out your term with the Visual Schedule Builder, a self-serve online tool for course planning
New to Canada?Learn more about Services for International Students
Make Schulich your home by taking advantage of the amazing student population and resources available to you.
- Buddy up with a current Schulich student
- Check out the “New To Canada Arrival Guide”
- Register for a Pre-Arrival Webinar