Welcome to grad studies at the Schulich School of Business!
We’re thrilled to welcome you to the Schulich community!
This page features a number of key resources aimed at helping you at every stage in your transition to student life at Schulich.
Starting at Schulich Next Term?
If you have received an offer of admission for Fall 2018, watch for detailed instructions about your next steps from Student & Enrolment Services in April. You will receive a series of e-mails in the months leading up to your program start about the following:
1. Student Accounts
- Next steps for setting up your Passport York account, which you’ll need to access online services at York University, enrol in courses, and register for orientation/Launch Week.
- You will also be assigned a new Schulich e-mail address.
- Once your Schulich e-mail account has been created, the Career Development Centre will provide you with credentials to log in to CareerQuest, where you can access all career services at Schulich.
2. Smart Start & Orientation
MBA students will be e-mailed a link to register for Smart Start, a mandatory webinar scheduled in advance of your first term at Schulich. For all other programs, watch for dates and registration details for your individual orientations. These events are an opportunity to meet your colleagues and learn about important program details and expectations.
Please note that you will only receive instructions to enrol in classes after you have booked Smart Start or registered for orientation. A Passport York account is required for registration.
3. Flying Start & Launch Week
Flying Start is a series of prep courses for incoming students. Classes are taught by Teaching Excellence Award-winning faculty, and are designed to prepare you for success in your program’s core curriculum. Courses cover the fundamentals of accounting, finance, quantitative methods, Excel and case analysis.
Flying Start courses vary each term. You’ll be sent dates and registration details for Winter 2018 offerings before the start of term.
Launch Week is a mandatory event to kick off the MBA program. Conduct a case analysis in teams, learn about student clubs and more.
You’ll be sent dates and registration details before the start of term.
York University Student Resources
Explore York’s Current Students webpage to:
- Access your student account, order transcripts and enrol in courses
- Find information about transportation, housing, parking and other on-campus resources
- Apply for academic accommodations with York University’s Counselling & Disability Services, which offers a range of services that support your academic success
- Plot your weekly schedule and map out your term with the Visual Schedule Builder, a self-serve online tool for course planning
New to Canada?Learn more about Services for International Students
Make Schulich your home by taking advantage of the amazing student population and resources available to you.
- Buddy up with a current Schulich student
- Check out the “New To Canada Arrival Guide”
- Register for a Pre-Arrival Webinar