Diploma in Advanced Accounting (DAAc) Program Details
Successful graduates of the program will have completed the CPA Electives and be eligible for entering the CPA Capstone phase of CPA’s accreditation program.
Schulich CPA stream BBA and iBBA graduates will receive advanced standing for Term 1 and can complete the DAAc in just 4 months. Graduates from CPA-accredited business schools that have completed Core 1 and Core 2 courses may also receive advanced standing for Term 1 and complete the DAAc in 4 months.
Schulich's Diploma in Advanced Accounting is accredited by CPA Canada. Completing the Diploma in Advanced Accounting allows you to be exempt from the CPA PEP Elective modules. If you are considering this option, please speak to Keshia Gray, Director, Student & Enrolment Services, SSB W262 or email@example.com for more information.
Students will take 18.00 credits of required core courses and 12.00 credits of elective courses, completing Term 2 of the MAcc and graduating with the Diploma in Advanced Accounting.
To better understand the courses in the context of the concurrent MAcc curriculum, visit the Master of Accounting page.View program requirements Hide program requirements
- ACTG 6140 3.00 INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING II
- ACTG 6550 1.50 ADVANCED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- ACTG 6600 3.00 AUDITING STANDARDS & APPLICATIONS
- ACTG 6710 3.00 INTRODUCTION TO INCOME TAXATION
- ACTG 6720 3.00 ADVANCED INCOME TAXATION
- MACC 6201 1.50 MULTI-COMPETENCY CASE ANALYSIS FOR ACCOUNTANTS
- MACC 6301 3.00 INTEGRATIVE CASE ANALYSIS FOR ACCOUNTANTS
Elective Options (12.00 credits)
Students must choose any two of the following four elective options.
- ACTG 6310 3.00 ADVANCED FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS & VALUATION
- ACTG 6320 3.00 ADVANCED FINANCE TOPICS
Engage with your Graduate Business Council (GBC) to connect with fellow Schulich students developing expertise in accounting as well as a range of other specializations. Join social programs to enhance your academic and career development. Explore the Schulich Accounting Association, the student club bringing together master’s students pursuing accounting designations across Schulich graduate programs.Visit the Student Life page for more!