Real Estate & Infrastructure
The REI specialization focuses on creating and maintaining places for living, working, shopping, learning, recreation and culture, and the critical accompanying support systems ranging from mobility and logistical networks, to utilities and energy supply. The overarching theme of the specialization is stewardship – of both the environment and of capital.
Essential skills are built around the primary activities of evaluating investment opportunities, matching risk and reward, acquiring, developing and operating real assets, financing capital projects, and leadership of business enterprises.
In an industry that comprises the largest sector of GDP growth, this high-demand specialization provides real-world experiential skills connected to current industry realities.
Careers in real estate and infrastructure span a broad array of opportunities, both in Canada and abroad. Graduates work in construction, real estate development, asset management, consulting, financial institutions, pension funds, equity funds, and government organizations. Some launch their own firms. Alumni of the program are located across the world and hold titles such as Project Director, Acquisitions Analyst and Portfolio Manager. Within a 5 to 10 year period, graduates can expect to move into senior leadership roles in the industry.
The Schulich Career Development Centre
Your career is top priority at Schulich. To make career decisions that are right for you, the CDC will help you identify strengths, determine career objectives, develop career plans, hone skills for career management and put your professional development plan into action.
- Our highly experienced CDC Advisors bring a unique combination of first-hand knowledge, experience and diverse perspectives in a wide variety of businesses and industry sectors.
- Take advantage of a series of proven career-building modules, including up-to-date Job Search Techniques, Self-Assessment, Resume and Cover Letter Writing, and Interview Skills to help you stand out from the competition.
- Corporate Information Sessions offer you an opportunity to meet top level recruiters, alumni and executives.Visit the Career Development Centre
Specialization RequirementsView course details Hide course details
- 6.00 credits of required courses
- 6.00 credits of recommended elective courses
- PROP 6300 3.00 PARTNERSHIP MODELS FOR INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY
- PROP 6350 3.00 INVESTING IN INFRASTRUCTURE
- PROP 6550 3.00 SUSTAINABLE CITIES - URBANIZATION INFRASTRUCTURE & STRATEGIC CHOICES
- PROP 6580 3.00 STRUCTURING REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- PROP 6600 3.00 REAL ESTATE PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- PROP 6650 3.00 COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE ASSET MANAGEMENT
- PROP 6780 3.00 CASE STUDIES IN INFRASTRUCTURE
Prerequisite requirements for these electives require a strict sequencing of elective PROP courses. Depending on their point of entry, some students may need to extend their study duration in order to follow the required sequence in pursuance of the specialization.
NOTE: Not all courses required to fulfill a specialization are offered each term. Course offerings are based on factors such as student demand and instructor availability. The office of Student Services & International Relations is available to provide advising on course sequencing and the fulfillment of program and specialization requirements within a student’s period of study. For current course offerings and details, please view the Schulich Course Offerings Database.
The Real Estate and Infrastructure specialization is taught by full-time and part-time faculty representing significant academic and industry experience. Most courses make extensive use of guest lecturers and project-oriented assignments.
Schulich Real Property Students’ Association (SRPSA)
The SRPSA is a student-run club that acts as a “bridge” between academics and business, with the opportunity to learn though interaction with industry professionals.
Encourages members to participate in the annual Perspectives Lecture held downtown, invites members to industry conferences, case competitions, hosts guest speakers and more.
Members also have access to exclusive job postings and can include their resume in the sought-after Resume Book.
In addition the SRPSA is active in competitions such as the Developers’ Den and the international ARGUS Software University Challenge.
Email: email@example.com:Visit the Student Life page for more!