Master of Management (MMgt) Admission Requirements
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university, in a non-business field of study, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants holding business/commerce degrees are not eligible for the Master of Management program, but may apply for the Accelerated MBA once they have acquired a minimum of two years of work experience. Excluded degrees include, but are not limited to, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Administrative Studies (BAS), Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Honours Business Administration (HBA) or Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc).
- Work Experience is not required. Applicants may not have more than two years of full-time work experience.
- Applicants with two years or more of full-time work experience are encouraged to apply to the MBA.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be academic.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- *Official copies of transcripts will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Applicants are NOT required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
Accepted Tests Minimum Score IELTS 7.0 overall TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710) 100 iBT
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
The Master of Management is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in September.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2 **||Round 3|
|September 2017||December 15, 2016||February 15, 2017||April 15, 2017|
**International students are encouraged to apply no later than Round 2. International students are still welcome to apply after this date and will be considered for admission pending space in the program. Please keep in mind that you must have enough time to apply for a study permit if you are granted an offer.
Applicants will be reviewed following each round deadline and may be held for further review in subsequent rounds if additional information is required.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.