International Master of Business Administration (IMBA) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the IMBA are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with an additional year of work experience (beyond the minimum required by program)
- GMAT or GRE
- Work Experience
- 2 years of full-time work experience is required.
- Completion of the online application
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores.*
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)|
Applicants with English as a second language have the opportunity to enroll in the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program prior to beginning their studies.
Please note, Admission to the IMBA is conditional upon completion of an oral proficiency interview (OPI). Students must achieve at least an intermediate-high level of verbal fluency in their language of specialization. The OPI is arranged through the IMBA program office after the offer of admission is extended.
For graduates of the Schulich School of Business with a GPA of B+ or better, the following requirements will be waived if the applicant graduated within the last five years:
- Application Fee
For more information please see our Application Tips.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3**||Round 4**|
|September 2019||November 30, 2018||February 1, 2019||March 15, 2019||April 30, 2019|
The IMBA program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in September of each year.
*International students and those interested in being considered for scholarships are encouraged to apply no later than Round 2.
**For domestic applicants only. Late international applications are accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.