International Master of Business Administration (IMBA) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the IMBA are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with an additional year of work experience (beyond the minimum required by program)
- GMAT or GRE
- Work Experience
- 2 years of full-time work experience is required.
- Completion of the online application
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores.*
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)|
Applicants with English as a second language have the opportunity to enroll in the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program prior to beginning their studies.
Please note, Admission to the IMBA is conditional upon completion of an oral proficiency interview (OPI). Students must achieve at least an intermediate-high level of verbal fluency in their language of specialization. The OPI is arranged through the IMBA program office after the offer of admission is extended.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The IMBA program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in September of each year.
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3**||Round 4**|
|September 2017||January 15, 2017||February 28, 2017||Accepting domestic applications|
|September 2018||December 1, 2017||February 1, 2018||March 15, 2018||April 30, 2018|
Late domestic applications will be considered following the Round 3 deadline for September 2017. Please Contact Us if you are interested in submitting a late application.
*International students and those interested in being considered for scholarship are encouraged to apply in Round 1.
**For domestic applicants only. Late international applications are accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.