Master of Supply Chain Management (MSCM) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MSCM are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Work Experience is not required, but considered for admission.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references (at least one academic reference is recommended)
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
*Official copies of transcripts will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
Applicants are NOT required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
If you hold a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Schulich School of Business, you may be eligible for Advanced Standing to Term 2 of the MSCM program. If you hold a Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce degree obtained within the last ten years from a recognized North American business school, you may request an assessment for Advanced Standing from our Graduate Admissions team.
Note that you must have a minimum B grade in all applicable courses. If granted, Advanced Standing would allow you to enter the program at Term 2 in September and complete your degree in eight months (two terms) of full-time study or 20 months (four terms) of part-time study.
Those who have graduated from a Schulich degree-granting program within the last five years are eligible for the following:
- A $150 application fee waiver
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The Master of Supply Chain Management is offered on both a full-time and part-time basis. For both options, studies start in May.
The next MSCM program intake is May 2022 (Summer 2022).
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4**|
|May 2022||August 12, 2021||October 7, 2021||November 29, 2021||February 17, 2022|
*International students are encouraged to apply as early as they are able in order to have sufficient time to apply for a study permit, should they receive an offer of admission.
**For domestic applicants only. Late international applications are accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Responses from referees can be completed after the application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.