Prabhat Sanduja, MBA ’23, India
- Name: Prabhat Sanduja
- Program and year: MBA ’23, Specialization in Strategy Management
- Nationality: India
- Previous education background: Bachelor’s in management studies
- Previous or current company and role: Prior MBA – EY and Royal Bank of Scotland; During MBA – Internships at Unilever and StandUp Ventures, Venture capital fund.
- Tell us about yourself?
I’m an Indian national, born and raised in the capital city of India, New Delhi. I come from a diverse professional background, having worked in the consulting and banking industry with EY and Royal Bank of Scotland respectively.
I had been a studious kid during my formative high school years who enjoyed playing sports and never shied away from trying a hand in various extracurricular activities. I was active in swimming, diving, karate, cricket, music, and theatre while growing up.
- Why did you decide to pursue an MBA at this point of your career?
I chose to pursue an MBA at the age of 26 when I had 4+ years of work experience behind me and I wanted to gain an internationally acclaimed comprehensive business education that would enable me to transition into leadership roles.
- Why Schulich?
Schulich’s reputation as a top Canadian Business School renowned for excellence, learned faculty and its strong network of alumni were major factors in my decision. Additionally, the program’s innovative curriculum, availability of varied specializations, and the career center’s network of industry experts helped shape my decision.
- What word or phrase describes your Schulich experience so far?
Transformative journey – Schulich has empowered me to challenge my limits, broaden my horizons, and embrace new opportunities.
- What have you enjoyed the most about Schulich’s MBA program?
I’ve enjoyed the dynamic classroom discussions that bring together diverse perspectives, as well as the assignment work embedded in real-world case studies that have expanded my understanding of businesses.
- What is your plan after graduation and how has Schulich helped with that?
After graduation, I plan to take on senior roles in corporate strategy or consulting. Schulich’s practical approach to learning, its extensive curriculum, and the networking opportunities have equipped me well with the skills, knowledge, and network needed to excel in this endeavour.
- What would you like prospective students to know about Schulich’s MBA program?
Prospective students should know that the Schulich MBA offers more than just a degree; it’s a transformative experience that equips you with the skills, connections, and mindset to thrive in today’s ever-changing business landscape.
- What advice do you have for someone who considers pursuing an MBA program at Schulich?
My advice would be to embrace every opportunity that Schulich offers, from engaging in class discussions to participating in case competitions. Be sure to have certain priorities and objectives as it will get overwhelming at times and that’s where you’ll get to discover your hidden potential. Make sure to learn from your diverse cohort and faculty, as these interactions can shape your perspective and enrich your overall experience. Above all, never stop having fun!