Master of Marketing (MMKG) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MMKG are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
- Work Experience is not required, but strong internships or prior work experience is recommended.
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience is required for applicants holding 3-year degrees.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be from a professor.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
*Official copies of transcripts will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
Applicants are NOT required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710)||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)|
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The Master of Marketing is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in September.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3||Round 4**|
|September 2020||November 15, 2019||January 15, 2020||March 12, 2020||April 30, 2020|
*International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 to allow for sufficient study permit processing time.
** Late applications may be accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Responses from referees can be completed after the application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.