External Scholarship Opportunities
External scholarship and award opportunities are updated on a regular basis. Check the website frequently for updates.
Vector Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence
The Vector Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence is valued at $17,500 for one year of full-time study at an Ontario University. These merit-based entrance awards recognize exceptional candidates pursuing a master’s program, such as Schulich’s Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) and Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence (MMAI) programs that are recognized by the Vector Institute or who are following an individualized study path in a range of disciplines that is demonstrably AI-focused. If you are an incoming MBAN or MMAI student, this means that you can follow a streamlined application process.
Both domestic and international students with first class standing (minimum A- in their last two years of full-time study) are eligible for consideration. Nominations for the 2020/21 academic year open on January 6, 2020. All nomination packages must be sent from the university to the Vector Institute no later than April 3, 2020. Key dates and deadlines for the 2020-21 scholarship competition will be made available in January.
Learn more about the scholarship and eligibility requirements at https://vectorinstitute.ai/aimasters/
1. A written statement outlining the reason for pursuing a master’s in AI, relevant AI-related experience, and career aspirations (maximum 250 words).
2. Copy of the official transcript(s) including the grading system (undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcripts)
3. An up-to-date 1 to 2 pages CV
4. Two VSAI reference form, one of whom must be an academic. Referee forms will become available on the Vector website on January 6, 2020. Reference forms must be submitted directly by the referee via email to the Doris Mak, Manager, Admissions and Financial Aid at email@example.com by the application deadline.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: University programs submit nominations to the Vector Institute. The Vector Institute does not accept applications directly from prospective students.
Full details about the scholarships and nomination process can be found at: https://vectorinstitute.ai/aimasters/
PREA Scholarship Program
The Pension Real Estate Association awards scholarships on an annual basis to promising students studying real estate at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The scholarships, awarded by PREA since 1994, are offered each year for full-time study in real estate at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. Financial need will be considered in determining the amount of each award. Potential recipients who demonstrate no need will be eligible to receive the minimum award.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
Application period for 2019 is now closed. Check back in April for 2020 program details.
Applicants to the PREA Scholarship Program must be:
-Current college sophomores, juniors or seniors and graduate level students who are already enrolled or planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited four-year college, university, or graduate school for the upcoming academic year.
Majoring or concentrating in real estate.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $500 to $5,000.
– $15,000 is designated for awards to graduate students, and
– $5,000 is designated for awards to undergraduate students.
*Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study and are one time only.
Application must be submitted by 3:00 pm Central Time on May 23, 2019.
For details and application instruction, please see ad below or visit https://www.scholarsapply.org/prea/
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship is a scholarship set aside to support international students and their career aspirations; a notable part of MPOWER’s mission.
For the cycle ending November 15, 2019, we will be awarding one $5,000 grand prize scholarship to the most outstanding applicant worldwide, plus an additional four $3,000 regional scholarships. These regional scholarships will be awarded to one student from each of the following countries/regions: India, Asia (excluding India), Latin America/Caribbean, and Africa. (All awards are in US dollars and non-renewable.)
MPOWER is currently accepting application for Fall competition. Deadline to apply is November 15, 2019.
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate level students
- Accepted or enrolled at a full-time program at a U.S. or Canadian school that is an MPOWER Partner College or University.
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder
- Applications are accepted any time
To apply, go to : https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/scholarships/
WOMEN IN STEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
In keeping with MPOWER’s commitment to empower high-potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations—and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators —this scholarship program will focus on women who will use their STEM degree to benefit society and the planet and who have the potential to serve as role models and advocates for women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
As a certified B Corporation (social enterprise) and the leading American provider of education loans to international students, MPOWER has long been focused on increasing access to higher education for women from emerging markets.
One $5,000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship, and one $2,000 scholarship to female international/DACA students who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at a program MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada.
Female students from Schulich’s Master of Finance (MF) program is eligible to apply.
- Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time STEM degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be a female international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable.
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant is either a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder), protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, or has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant is either a Canadian permanent resident or has a valid Canadian study permit.
- Accepted or enrolled at the Schulich Master of Finance program at the Schulich School of Business
For details, visit: https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/scholarships/women-in-stem/
FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
FINCAD established the annual FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship. The goal is to encourage and support outstanding women in the field of finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management, and give them an opportunity to cultivate their skills and knowledge. The scholarship is open to women of any age and citizenship who are studying Finance in an accredited graduate-level program. The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship is an award of US$20,000 to support graduate-level studies.
Applications are welcomed from female citizens of all countries who are enrolled in a post-graduate program at a university accredited by the national or international body approved for that purpose in the country where the university is situated. You must be enrolled and attending the program on a full-time basis during the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship will be awarded to a deserving applicant who is enrolled in a post-graduate program with an emphasis on finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management. Please only apply if your field of study meets the above description.
Applications are now closed for 2019. Please check back in Spring 2020 for details on applying for the 2020 Women in Finance Scholarship.
The Mitacs Globalink Research Award
The Globalink Research Award offers senior undergraduate and graduate students at Mitacs full and associate partner universities the opportunity to participate in 12- to 24-week research projects supervised by professors at accredited universities in the following Mitacs partner countries: Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Turkey and Vietnam.
– Up to $5,000 in research award to Canadian supervisor for student travel expenses
– For joint projects with academic collaborators
– Partner countries: Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Turkey and Vietnam
– Open to senior undergraduate and graduate students
– Applications accepted any time
Paul Stothart Memorial Scholarship in Mineral Economics – The Mining Association of Canada
The Paul Stothart Memorial Scholarship in Mineral Economics was established 2012 in memory of MAC’s former Vice President of Economic Affairs, Paul Stothart. To qualify for the scholarship, candidates must be studying either a Bachelor or Masters of Economics/Commerce, or a Master of Business Administration. Students must also demonstrate an interest in mineral economics supported by current or intended course work.
Applications must be submitted by May 15 of each year. The recipient will be announced by June 30, and the scholarship will be awarded prior to September 1 of each year.
Deadline to Apply: Applications must be submitted by May 15 of each year.
Scholarship Value: $3,500
Candidates must be enrolled full-time in their second, third or fourth year of a Bachelors of Economics degree or in their first or second year of a Master of Economics or MBA program. Applicants must also demonstrate an interest, supported by current or intended course work, in mineral economics or mining commerce.
Scholarship Program For Marketing Excellence For USA – Canada
The Winner Will Be Selected Based On Either Of The Two Given Criteria: 1. Create Content For Content Marketing (The unique article should be between 1000 to 2000 words), 2. Make a Video For Product Advertising (Create a Problem solving video ad, edit and publish it on given social media sites.)
Deadline to Apply: Applications for 2019 are now closed. Submission deadline is 15 May Of Every Year. Late submissions will not be accepted. Results will be declared on 31st May Of Every Year to individuals who have won the scholarship, on the corresponding company’s website.
Award Amount: $1,000
The Following Will Be The Subject Categories Of The Program:
- Marketing Brochure Design
- Real Estate Marketing Brochure
- Law Firm Marketing Brochure
Eligibility Criteria For The Program:
- Students enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the U.S./ Canada, for completion of undergraduate degree in Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent field.
- High school senior entering college, current college students, or graduate school.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.9 scale
- Should be permanent resident of the United States of America or Canada
- There should be no gap between Bachelors and Masters Degree
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Have graduated from high school or secondary school or equivalent.
- Have successfully completed at least one term of college or university courses following graduation from high school prior to applying.
- Should not be dropout.
- Should be a regular students.
International Education Financial Aid (IEFA)
IEFA is the premier resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for US and international students wishing to study abroad. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive college scholarship search and grant listings, plus international student loan programs and other information to promote study abroad.
For more information, please visit: https://www.iefa.org