Global Retail Management
The retail sector plays a vital role in the global economy. The Global Retail Management specialization provides the industry-specific skills needed to become a global leader in the ever-evolving world of retailing.
Electives in this specialization combine theory and context through industry guest speakers, international cases, applied examples and projects. The specialization offers many international case examples and grounded studies to involve students directly in the world of contemporary global retail.
In an economy where two thirds of the GDP comes from retail consumption, the Schulich MBA specialization in Global Retail is a degree for our times.
Specialization Details by Category
Study OptionsView details Hide details
CoursesView details Hide details
Students must complete 12.00 credits total, consisting of:
- 9.00 credits of Required Courses
- 3.00 credits Elective Courses
- MKTG 6325 3.00 RETAIL MARKETING STRATEGIES
- MKTG 6326 3.00 RETAIL ANALYTICS
- OMIS 6560 3.00 SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- BSUS 6300 3.00 MANAGEMENT PRACTICES FOR SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
- IBUS 6410 3.00 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS - STRATEGIC OVERVIEW FOR MANAGERS
- IBUS 6490 3.00 INTERNATIONAL NEGOTIATIONS - ANALYSIS, STRATEGY AND PRACTICE
- MKTG 6300 3.00 SERVICE MARKETING
- MKTG 6360 3.00 MARKETING METRICS
- MKTG 6550 3.00 BRAND MANAGEMENT
- MKTG 6570 3.00 STRATEGIC PROFESSIONAL SELLING
- MKTG 6800 3.00 CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE DESIGN
- OMIS 6000 3.00 MODELS & APPLICATIONS IN OPERATIONAL RESEARCH
- OMIS 6500 3.00 GLOBAL OPERATIONS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- OMIS 6955 3.00 SERVICE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- ORGS 6560 3.00 NEGOTIATIONS
NOTE: Not all courses required to fulfill a specialization are offered each term. Course offerings are based on factors such as student demand and instructor availability. The office of Student Services & International Relations is available to provide advising on course sequencing and the fulfillment of program and specialization requirements within a student’s period of study. For current course offerings and details, please view the Schulich Course Offerings Database.
FacultyView details Hide details
Full-time and part-time faculty with significant academic and industry experience all over the world teach the program in Global Retail Management.
Most courses make extensive use of guest lecturers, applied examples, international cases and project-oriented assignments.
Selected faculty members
Associate Professor of MarketingView profile
Professor of Operations Management and Information Systems; Program Director, Master of Supply Chain Management; Acting Director, Master of Business Analytics; Acting Director, Master of Management in Artificial IntelligenceView profile
- View profile
Career OpportunitiesView details Hide details
The Global Retail Management specialization is designed to develop strategic global managers for retail operations. For those with direct and indirect retail experience – developing store managers, buyers, account managers and salespeople; for those in companies facing retailers – such as CPG or food product managers; and for those in retail support services – such as consulting, law and research.
The Schulich Career Development Centre
Your career is top priority at Schulich. To make career decisions that are right for you, the CDC will help you identify strengths, determine career objectives, develop career plans, hone skills for career management and put your professional development plan into action.
- Our highly experienced CDC Advisors bring a unique combination of first-hand knowledge, experience and diverse perspectives in a wide variety of businesses and industry sectors.
- Take advantage of a series of proven career-building modules, including up-to-date Job Search Techniques, Self-Assessment, Resume and Cover Letter Writing, and Interview Skills to help you stand out from the competition.
- Corporate Information Sessions offer you an opportunity to meet top level recruiters, alumni and executives.Visit the Career Development Centre