Team Schulich Raises Over $5,000 at the 38th Annual Terry Fox Run
Members of the Schulich community laced up their sneakers for the 38th annual Terry Fox Run in support of Cancer Research on Sunday, September 16th.
Team Schulich assembled a team of over 85 online registered members and over 50 runners took part in the run at York University. Counting the online pledges alone, Team Schulich raised $5259, the highest amount raised by the team in the past 15 years and the 2nd highest since 2002.
The team was led by Co-Captains Ika Janiszewski (UBS VP Operations), Joseph Flagler (GBC Athletics Director), and Sean Siddik (MBA 2003). Participants ran the five and ten kilometre course around York University starting and ending at the York University Stadium.
This year the team’s top fundraiser was Suzanne Firth, former Director of Marketing & Communications, who collected $1,220 in donations.
Congratulations to our top fundraisers:
- Suzanne Firth: $1,220
- Lily Wong (MBA 2010), Dean’s Office: $644
- Ika Janiszewski (iBBA 2020), Team Schulich Co-Captain & UBS VP Operations: $536
- Sean Siddik (MBA 2003), Team Schulich Co-Captain: $330
- Morgan Peters (MBA 2018): $270
- Joe Flager (MBA 2019), Team Schulich Co-Captain & GBC Athletics Director: $250
- Sheila Sinclair, Marketing Area: $200
- Karishma Varma (MBA 2019), GBC International Affairs Director: $175
- James Prince (MBA 2019), GBC President: $150
- Alina Pekarsky: $126
In the past three years, Schulich has raised over $14,000 for the Terry Fox Foundation.
The Team Captains are grateful for the support received from members of the Schulich community – including our students, alumni, faculty, staff, as well as family and friends. They wish to thank the generous donors who contributed directly to Team Schulich.
For more information visit the official Team Schulich page.