Meet Your 2021-22 UBS Executive Team
Schulich’s official student government, the Undergraduate Business Society (UBS), invited current undergraduate students to submit a nomination package for their annual general student elections earlier this year.
Students were then invited to tune into ‘Speech Night’ to hear the candidates pitch and debate to help them make an informed decision. Following the debate, an online poll was open for two days to allow votes to be casted. After an intense election and hiring process, here are the results:
- President: Ananya Kakkar (iBBA ’22)
- VP Operations: Tanya Anand (BBA ’22)
- VP Finance: Jemin Patel (iBBA ’22)
- VP Communications: Milena Micucci (iBBA ’23)
- VP Student Life: Sameer Ali (BBA ’22)
- VP Athletics: Gulnaz Shaikh (BBA ’23)
- VP Academics BBA: Kareem Iskander (BBA ’23)
- VP Academics iBBA: Karolina Zablotny (iBBA ’22)
- Second Year Rep BBA: Monica Zmija (BBA ’24)
- Second Year Rep iBBA: Nika Nasseri (iBBA ’24)
- International Rep: Ayaan Popatiya (BBA ’23)
- VP Corporate Relations: Nour Nassif (BBA ‘22)
- VP Marketing & IT: Jahisan Uthayakumaran (BBA ‘22)
- Speaker: Mariem Kakal (BBA ’24)
- Orientation Chairs: Vagmi Shah (BBA ‘22) & Alessia Paniccia (BBA ’22)
- YFS Director: Sara Reza (BBA ’22)
“A huge congratulations to every member of the incoming UBS executive team, I am thrilled to be working with such an amazing group of individuals to enhance the Schulich experience, host valuable events and make this next year the best it can be,” shared Ananya Kakkar, the incoming UBS President.
UBS acts as the voice for the undergraduate student community throughout the school year. They provide a variety of services for students to maximize their Schulich experience, such as overseeing Schulich’s student clubs, hosting O-Week, and inviting students to a range of social events that allow them to mix business with pleasure. For information on UBS events and services, please visit ubsschulich.ca.