Admission RequirementsAdmission to the BBA program is based on two criteria:
- Your academic performance
- Your Supplementary Application
Please note that the Supplementary Application for Fall 2024 will not be accessible until November 2023. Applicants will receive an invitation to access the Supplementary Application after November 2023.
- Fall 2024 OUAC Application Fall 2024 Supplementary Application Details
The Schulich School of Business receives thousands of applications each year with an incoming class of approx. 500 students. To be academically competitive, Ontario high school applicants should aim for a minimum GPA in their Grade 12 courses ranging from the high 80s to low 90s – although the minimum cutoff in past years has ranged between 91.5% and 92%. Note that meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
For applicants from outside of Ontario, please see below.
Academic Requirements: Direct Entry Applicants
To be eligible for admission, Ontario high school applicants must complete the following as part of their top six grade 12 courses:
- MCV4U or MDM4U
*A minimum of 70% in ENG4U and MHF4U is required. No more than two 4M courses will be considered for admission.
Note that meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission. For more information please visit our Undergraduate Admissions FAQ page.
Applicants from high schools outside of Ontario will have differing admission criteria based on their curriculum. Before applying, please review York’s Admission Requirement to determine the requirements for your province/country/curriculum.
Transfer Students and Mature Students: Due to our small class sizes and the structure of the program, we are unable to consider external transfer or mature students. We encourage you to explore other business programs at York University.
Academic Requirements: York Delayed Entry Applicants
External Transfer Students: Due to the structure of the BBA program and small program size, the Schulich School of Business does not consider external transfer students under any circumstances. If you are interested in transferring to a different business program at York like the BCom Bachelor of Commerce program in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, please view York’s eligible programs.
Internal York Transfer Students: The Schulich School of Business BBA program is, broadly speaking, a Direct Entry (high school to university) program only. Current York students who have entered York directly from high school and have completed the required prerequisite courses in Year 1 may be considered on a case-by-case basis for admission to Year 2 of the BBA program via the Delayed Entry path. The process is extremely competitive and each year a small number of students are successful (0-8). Complete requirements, prerequisite course information, and the application packages are available below.
The Supplementary Application is used to provide the admissions team with a better understanding of the complete student. While academic performance is important, Schulich is looking for well-rounded students who can also demonstrate leadership potential, integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, and an understanding of collaboration. Applicants will receive an email invitation to access the Supplementary Application after it opens on November 16, 2023 for Fall 2024 intake. Further information regarding the Supplementary Application can be found here.
The OUAC application will open in late-September 2023 for the Fall 2024 intake. Please refer to the OUAC website for details.
Fall 2024 OUAC Application Deadline
- Direct-Entry Ontario (101) and Non-Ontario (105) High School Applicants (Year 1): January 12, 2024
- It is extremely important to apply via OUAC by the above date. Within 7-10 business days of applying you will receive your York Reference #, allowing you to access and complete the Supplementary Application by the deadline below. Applying after this date does not guarantee that you will receive your York Reference # in time to complete the Supplementary Application by the required deadline.
- York Delayed-Entry Applicants (Year 2): OUAC application not required
Fall 2024 Supplementary Application Deadline
- Direct-Entry Ontario (101) and Non-Ontario (105) High School Applicants (Year 1): February 1, 2024 at 11:59pm EST
- York Delayed-Entry Applicants (Year 2): Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 11:59pm EST