Admission RequirementsAdmission to the BBA program is based on two criteria:
- Your academic performance
- Your Supplementary Application
The application process consists of two parts: your Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) application, and your Schulich Supplementary Application.
Please note that the Supplementary Application for Fall 2024 will not be accessible until November 2023. Applicants will receive an invitation to access the Supplementary Application after November 2023.
- Fall 2023 OUAC Application Fall 2023 Supplementary Application Details
The Schulich School of Business receives thousands of applications each year for several hundred spaces. To be competitive, Ontario high school applicants should aim for a high 80s/low 90s average.
Academic Requirements: Direct Entry Applicants
To be eligible for admission, Ontario high school applicants must complete the following as part of their top six grade 12 courses:
- MCV4U or MDM4U
*A minimum of 70% in ENG4U and MHF4U is required. No more than two 4M courses will be considered for admission.
Note that meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission. For more information please visit our Undergraduate Admissions FAQ page.
Applicants from high schools outside of Ontario will have differing admission criteria based on their curriculum. Before applying, please review York’s Admission Requirement to determine the requirements for your province/country/curriculum.
Academic Requirements: York Delayed Entry Applicants
Please note, due to Schulich’s small program size, we are not able to accept applications from transfer students currently studying outside of York. If you are interested in transferring to a different business program at York, please view York’s eligible programs.
Current York students who have completed the required prerequisite courses may be considered for admission to Year 2 of the BBA program. Complete requirements and prerequisite course information, as well as the application packages, are available below:
*Supplementary application information for Fall 2024 intake will be updated in September 2023.
The Supplementary Application is used to provide the admissions team with a better understanding of the complete student. While academic performance is important, Schulich is looking for well-rounded students who can also demonstrate leadership potential, integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, and an understanding of collaboration. Applicants will receive an email invitation to access the Supplementary Application after it opens on November 16, 2023 for Fall 2024 intake. Further information regarding the Supplementary Application can be found here.
*Applications for the Fall 2023 BBA program closed on February 2nd, 2023.
The OUAC application will open in late-September 2023 for the Fall 2024 intake. Please refer to the OUAC website for details.
To be considered for admission, applicants must apply through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) and complete a Supplementary Application.
Fall 2024 OUAC Application Deadline
- Direct-Entry Ontario (101) and Non-Ontario (105) High School Applicants (Year 1): January 12, 2024
- It is extremely important to apply via OUAC by the above date. Within 7-10 business days of applying you will receive your York Reference #, allowing you to access and complete the Supplementary Application by the deadline below. Applying after this date does not guarantee that you will receive your York Reference # in time to complete the Supplementary Application by the required deadline.
- York Delayed-Entry Applicants (Year 2): OUAC application not required
Fall 2024 Supplementary Application Deadline
- Direct-Entry Ontario (101) and Non-Ontario (105) High School Applicants (Year 1): February 1, 2024 at 11:59pm EST
- York Delayed-Entry Applicants (Year 2): Monday, March 4, 2024 at 11:59pm EST
For the most up to date fees click here to visit the York University Course and Program Fees page.