Graduate Diploma in Financial Engineering (GDFE) Admission Requirements
- A highly quantitative undergraduate degree from a recognized university. Such degrees include Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- A minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work. Special attention will be placed on quantitative courses.
- Familiarity with financial market/economic concepts. This can be demonstrated by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Completion of one economics/business course with a minimum grade of B;
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course offered by the Canadian Securities Institute (or an equivalent), or;
- Two years of work experience in a business context dealing specifically with financial market/economic concepts.
- Work Experience
- Post-degree work experience is not required, however it is recommended.
- Completion of the online application
- The online application requires: an updated resume and 2 recommendations (at least one must be academic). Copies of transcripts may be uploaded to facilitate the initial review process.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
Accepted Tests Minimum Score IELTS (Academic Test) 7.0 overall TOEFL York’s TOEFL code is (B710) 100 iBT YELT Band 1
Applicants with English as a second language have the opportunity to enroll in the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program prior to beginning their studies.
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
The GDFE (Stand Alone) program is offered on a part-time basis only. Studies start in September of each year.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|September entry||Dec 15||Feb 15||Still accepting domestic applications|