Diploma in Intermediate Accounting in India (DIAc) Admission Requirements
The India Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc) program is identical to the regular DIAc program and provides students with a core curriculum designed to thoroughly introduce them to financial and management accounting concepts. Students with a non-business or non-Canadian degree interested in the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program must first complete the DIAc. Eligible students holding a three-year undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian institution (see requirement checklist below for further details) can only join the India DIAc program. Students with a four-year degree from an Indian institution can choose to join either the India DIAc program or the regular DIAc program commencing Term 0 in Toronto. Students admitted to the India DIAc program complete Term 0 of the program in Hyderabad, India and then join the rest of the DIAc students in Toronto from Term 1 onwards.
Please refer to the MAcc Journey Chart for a full description of how the DIAc in India leads to the MAcc.
The general admission requirements for the DIAc in India are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- A three-year or four-year undergraduate degree from an Indian institution that has a National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) rating of at least an A, and who have achieved a first-class rating (60% & above) overall in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Prerequisite courses in Economics (Micro & Macro), Statistics and Corporate Finance taken at the undergraduate/graduate level.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (waivers on a case-by-case basis)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your GMAT or GRE test scores to the Schulich School of Business, please use the following process:
- GMAT: Use the search function within your GMAT/GMAC account to search for the Schulich School of Business when selecting your score recipients.
- Example of how our name appears: York University, Schulich School of Business, Program Name (ie. Master of Business Administration, Master of Finance, Master of Supply Chain Management, etc.)
- GRE: Send your score using the following code: 5697
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Schulich’s TOEFL code is B710 with Department Code 02
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The DIAc in India program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in May of each year.
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4**|
|May 2024||July 26, 2023||September 6, 2023||October 18, 2023||N/A|
**International students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible in order to have sufficient time to apply for a study permit, should they receive an offer of admission.
**For domestic applicants only.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.