Why participate in a Study Tour?
The Study Tour combines learning with travelling. Students will attend pre-travel lectures prior to departing to our Tour destinations. In the host countries, students will gain first hand experience and an understanding of a unique business culture directly from industry experts. Students will visit local companies and participate in some cultural and sightseeing activities.
“It’s amazing that the school tries to identify places where we have access to some great adventures or sites to explore. It also gives you a perspective into the partner universities and compare their best practices with ours. I strongly recommend doing this study tour!”
EligibilityView details Hide details
To be eligible for the Study Tour, students must:
- Be an MBA or IMBA student
- Complete all 5100-series Required Foundations of Management courses prior to the Winter 2019 term (some exceptions may apply. Please contact the International Relations Office).
- Successfully register for a space (please refer to: How to Register for the Study Tour).
Course InformationView details Hide details
- The Study Tour Course enrolment is for the Winter 2019 term
Part-time students have the option to enrol the course in either the Winter 2019 or Summer 2019 term
- Students have the option to register the course as a 1.5 or 3.0 credit course
1.5 credits have fewer deliverables than the 3.0 credit course
- Students are responsible for enrolling in the course once permission is granted from Student & Enrolment Services
Standard add/drop deadlines and regulations apply
Students must be able to attend:
- ALL pre-travel classes held on the Keele Campus
Students are responsible for ensuring that these classes do not conflict with other courses
- Full program activities abroad following the winter term (10 days)
The Chile Peru Study Tour 2019 Dates are as follows:
- Four pre-travel lectures on Wednesdays: March, 6, 13, 20, 27, 2019 from 19:00-22:00
- Program dates in Chile and Peru: April 24 – May 3, 2019
To learn more, please refer to the course outline
How to RegisterView details Hide details
- Students will be notified in advance as to when registration opens. A link to the registration site will be provided
- Students must reserve their space on the registration site, with a $500 deposit by credit card (final payment will be due at a later date)
- Once spaces fill, students can add their name to a waitlist
You will be sent an email to enrol in the course through Passport York later in the term
Next StepsView details Hide details
- International Relations will be in contact with students to guide them further with preparation
- Students must attend all study tour classes as scheduled
Meet the TeamView details Hide details
For any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact a member of the International Relations Team