Understanding management and business in an international context is a requirement in today’s global economy.
Schulich’s exchange program offers an ever-expanding number of opportunities for undergraduate students to study abroad. Formal reciprocal business school-to-business school partnerships allow both domestic and international students from Schulich to spend one term studying abroad at a partner school.
The benefits of participating in an exchange are numerous:
- exposure to new perspectives and a more global outlook
- the expansion of career options
- an increase of cross-cultural communication skills
- the development of language proficiency skills
- build a global network
“For me, exchange was more than just a chance to travel and meet new people; it was a chance to find out more about myself and for personal growth. I know that the skills I’ve developed from my international experience will help me throughout my career and for the rest of my life!”
Upload your photos!Upload Photo
Have an epic picture? Went on an amazing exchange or international work term? Share it with everyone to show your fantastic experience! Upload it now and it could appear on the Schulich website, promotional materials or social media.
Any student enrolled in the BBA/iBBA program may apply to study abroad for one term. To be eligible to participate in the Exchange Program, students must:
- Be in year 3 or year 4 for the proposed exchange term
- Have successfully completed:
- all year 1 and year 2 requirements for those applying for 3rd year exchange
- all year 1 – year 3 requirements for those applying for 4th year exchange
- Attain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 5.50 prior to the desired exchange term
- iBBAs who entered the program prior to Fall 2016 must have successfully completed 12.00 credits of language, of which at least 6.00 credits are at the intermediate level or higher, with a minimum grade of C. iBBAs who entered the program as of Fall 2016 must have successfully completed intermediate level language competency, or higher, with a minimum grade of C.
For more information about the exchange program requirements and policies please see the Undergraduate Academic Handbook (page 31).
International Opportunities Fair & Information Session
Every Fall, the International Relations Office invites students to attend an International Opportunities Fair and Information Session to start their planning and research for all exchange destinations and possibilities. All students considering going on exchange should attend the fair and information session prior to researching and submitting their applications. We also offer application incentives to those who attend.
International Opportunities Fair
The Fair is the event to learn about all the schools with which have exchange partnerships. Students will have the opportunity to read material about the school and their exchange program. However, what holds most value is being about to speak to Schulich students who have previously been on exchange, as well as students here on exchange.
To compliment the fair, we will hold an information session where students can receive more details and ask us questions about the following:
- All International Opportunities
- New Partnerships
- Eligibility and academics
- Application requirements and selection process
- Tips and tricks to be the best exchange applicant you can be
There are a number of online resources available to outgoing Schulich students pursuing an exchange term abroad. In addition to the exchange information housed on our website, a variety of online resources, including exchange reports, partner school fact sheets and other information, can be accessed through your Schulich student portal. Simply click on the “Exchange Resources” link on the right-hand side of your student portal or click here.
You can also follow us on Twitter @Schulich_IR for information and updates on exchange-related deadlines!
Submitting an application is the first formal step of the process. Complete the online application form, upload the following documents online and remember to include your video link. Please note, the application is accepted online only. Paper applications are not accepted.
- Online Application