Prior to Departure
Students are required to attend a pre-departure session and it is recommended that students make an appointment with the International Program Coordinator prior to their departure.
All students going on exchange or on an internship abroad must participate in an orientation facilitated by the Office of International Relations at least one month prior to departure. Some topics to be covered include:
- Dual Citizenship
- Medical clearance and proof of vaccination
Students must submit the following information electronically to the International Program Coordinator for approval prior to departure:
- A copy of the Final Study Plan form (as a Word Document)
- One copy of each courses’ syllabus/outline
- Course offering information provided by the school
Students must also:
- Register in the appropriate number of EXCH 6900-level courses through Passport York
- Submit the online Emergency Contact Form and Risk & Responsibility Waiver Form
Arriving at Your Host Institution
Upon arriving at your host institution, please update the approved Study Plan Form with any changes and email the form to the Schulich International Program Coordinator. Any changes to your course enrolment while on exchange must be approved in order to count for Schulich credit.
Upon Your Return
Students are required to submit an Exchange Report & Social Media Requirement within one month of the completion of their exchange term by email to the Schulich International Program Coordinator. Please do not include your student number on the report.