Master of Management (MMgt) Program Details
Students will build knowledge of the major disciplines of management and how they intersect, while developing key competencies that are valued by organizations and that will facilitate employment in a career with a future. The MMgt curriculum is highly experiential, culminating with an Enterprise Consulting Project in which students will collaboratively develop actionable recommendations for a local client organization.
Students will graduate from the program with:
- An ability to evaluate and solve management issues while taking into account risk, uncertainty and ambiguity
- The skills needed to work effectively in groups and teams, and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
- An understanding of the obligation to act in a socially and ethically responsible manner
MMgt graduates will be eligible for significant advanced standing into the prestigious Schulich MBA.
The Career Development Centre offers a wealth of innovative programs and resources to help you launch your ideal career path and facilitate future employment opportunities. Benefit from individual industry and career advising with our certified coaches, who have a unique combination of knowledge and experience in major industries. Meet alumni, recruiters and corporate leaders at corporate information sessions and other CDC events. Get online access to the best career tools available.
The MMgt will require the completion of three terms of full-time study preceded by a mandatory pre-start program consisting of two components:
- Satisfactory completion of online course modules in Accounting and Mathematics by AnyPrep.com.
- Completion of Schulich’s Flying Start program, a series of on-campus prep modules that provide foundational instruction in core areas such as Quantitative Methods, Accounting, Finance and Case Analysis.
Students are eligible for graduation upon their successful completion of 45.00 credits. Expand the menu below to see detailed degree requirements.View program requirements Hide program requirements
- 36.00 credits of required courses
- 9.00 credits of elective courses
Term 1 - Fall
- MSTM 5000 3.00 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION AND TEAM DYNAMICS
- MSTM 5050 3.00 BUSINESS AND SUSTAINABILITY
- MSTM 5030 3.00 APPLIED MACROECONOMICS
- ACTG 5100 3.00 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS
- MSTM 5060 3.00 MANAGERIAL DECISION ANALYSIS
Term 2 - Winter
- ORGS 5100 3.00 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- MSTM 5300 3.00 STRATEGIC THINKING
- MSTM 5220 3.00 MANAGERIAL FINANCE
- MKTG 5200 3.00 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- MSTM 5210 3.00 DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESSES
Term 3 - Summer
+ Three 6000 level electives (9.00 credits) chosen from a limited list of electives selected annually by the Program Committee from among approved Schulich MBA electives
Throughout your Schulich Master of Management, you will be challenged by our award-winning faculty, who are experts in a broad range of functional and program areas as well as successful industry practitioners.
Learn about our outstanding faculty in all key fields of management.
Program faculty members
Associate Professor of Organization Studies; Director, Master of ManagementView profile
Associate Professor of Marketing; Director, MBA ProgramView profile
Kiridaran (Giri) Kanagaretnam
Professor of AccountingView profile
Associate Professor of Organization Studies and Industrial RelationsView profile
Instructor of Operations Management and Information SystemsView profile
Sessional Lecturer, Economics; Associate Director of Undergraduate ProgramsView profile
Associate Professor of Finance and AccountingView profile
Professor of Operations Management and Information SystemsView profile
Associate Professor of Finance; Director, Financial EngineeringView profile
Associate Professor in Organization Studies and Business SustainabilityView profile
Adjunct Professor of Strategic Management/Policy; Director, Strategy Field Study Program; Director, York Consulting GroupView profile