MBA India Campus (MBA India) Program Details
Students complete Year 1 of the MBA at the Schulich India Campus in Hyderabad. Courses cover fundamentals of general management in areas such as Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Economics and Organizational Behavior with a focus on critical interpersonal, communication, team-building, negotiation and leadership skills.
Year 2 takes place at Schulich’s Keele Campus in Toronto, Canada. At this time students can specialize in a maximum of two of 18 specializations – from functional specializations such as Finance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or Strategy, to industry-specific specializations such as Real Estate & Infrastructure, Global Retail, Mining, Arts & Media, and Health.
Students will also participate in the Strategy Field Study, a two-term project considered to be “the ultimate in integrative management learning.” Teams will develop a comprehensive strategic analysis for a real organization, using applied strategic thinking, real-world judgment and decision-making skills.
Accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Schulich’s MBA, India Campus is offered in partnership with the GMR School of Business in Hyderabad.
MBA India Campus Admissions
The Schulich MBA is designed to equip you with a common set of capabilities (core courses) necessary for effective management in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Electives allow students to gain a deeper understanding in a particular area of focus and fulfill requirements for a specialization(s) or diploma.
Expand the menu below to see detailed degree requirements.View program requirements Hide program requirements
MBA 1 (first half – 30.00 credits)
- 30.00 credits of core courses (outlined below)
Terms 1 & 2 – Hyderabad, India
- ACTG 5100 3.00 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS
- ACTG 5210 1.50 MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- ECON 5100 3.00 THE ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
- FINE 5200 3.00 MANAGERIAL FINANCE
- MGMT 5150 3.00 SKILLS FOR LEADERSHIP
- MKTG 5200 3.00 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- MGMT 5260 3.00 MANAGING FOR VALUE CREATION
- OMIS 5110 1.50 INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- OMIS 5120 1.50 QUANTITATIVE METHODS
- OMIS 5210 1.50 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- ORGS 5100 3.00 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- SGMT 6000 3.00 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
MBA 2 (second half – 30.00 credits)
- 3.00 credits of core courses (outlined below)
- 27.00 credits of electives
Terms 3 & 4 -Toronto, Canada
Select a specialization below to review the course requirements and electives for your area of interest. To browse all of our course offerings, please visit our Course Catalog.
- Students cannot take electives until the MBA 1 5100-series Required Foundations of Management Core Courses have been completed.
- Most electives have either corequisite or prerequisite requirements.
- Certain functional areas and programs require that students use the one MBA 1 elective slot to enrol in the introductory course of their respective specializations (concentration or Diploma Programs). Review specialization requirements for details.
- Students also have the opportunity to apply to take Schulich Individual Study 6900-series courses, and non-Schulich Elective Courses outside the School. Review Enrolment Information for details.
- Normally, a maximum of one 3.00 credit cross-listed elective can count toward two concentrations.
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Management
- Business & Sustainability
- Business Consulting
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Financial Engineering (Concurrent Diploma Only)
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Services
- Global Mining Management
- Global Retail Management
- Health Industry Management
- International Business
- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Organization Studies
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Social Sector Management
- Strategic Management
Cost of Living
The chart below is intended as a budget guide for one semester (4-month period) for students studying full-time.
Estimated Cost of Living (in Toronto)*
Estimated Cost of Living (in India)*
|Books and course materials||$800||Books and course materials||$500|
|On-campus accommodation**||$3,500||On-campus accommodation**||$900|
|Local Public transportation||$400||Local Public transportation||$100|
|Entertainment/personal items/misc||$1,000||Entertainment/personal items/misc||$250|
*Actual amounts will vary depending on individual situation and requirements. Costs are listed in Canadian dollars (CAD).
**Average Single Room/Bachelor cost based on current on-campus fees. Actual fees will vary depending on location and type of residence. For complete rates, see Student Housing.
Tej Kumar Mehta shares his MBA in India experience and the reasons why he chose to continue his studies at Schulich.
Learn more about the MBA in India from our other distinguished alumni.
Throughout the integrated two-year MBA program, you are taught in person by leading Schulich faculty, gaining a strong global perspective on core business issues in two distinct regions on two continents.
Program faculty members
Associate Professor of Marketing; Director, International MBA ProgramView profile
Associate Professor of Strategic Management/Policy; Director, Global Leadership Programs; Director, India Executive MBA ProgramView profile
Associate Professor of Organization Studies; Area Coordinator, Organization StudiesView profile
Atipol Bhanich Supapol
Associate Professor, Economics and International BusinessView profile
Professor of AccountingView profile
Instructor of MarketingView profile
Professor of Operations Management and Information SystemsView profile
Instructor of FinanceView profile
Kiridaran (Giri) Kanagaretnam
Professor of AccountingView profile
Professor of Strategic Management/Policy; Newmont Endowed Chair in Business StrategyView profile
A number of student clubs have been set up at the India campus since its inception in 2010. These clubs include the Consulting Club and the Marketing Club which provide pro-bono consulting for small and mid-sized companies in India, as well as the Finance club that runs stock picking competitions. Note that clubs are student-run and student-governed. Consequently, their composition, activities and guest speakers change annually.
At Schulich’s Toronto campus, students will discover additional opportunities for personal and professional development through student-run conferences, clubs and events.Visit the Student Life page for more!