Master of Finance (MF) Admission Requirements
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Prerequisite courses in Calculus (I & II), Economics (Micro & Macro) and Statistics taken at the undergraduate level.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-02 or GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Three references.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores.*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
Accepted Tests Minimum Score IELTS 7.0 overall TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710) 100 iBT
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
The MF program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in August of each year.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2 **||Round 3|
|August 2017||December 15, 2016||February 15, 2017||April 15, 2017|
**International students are encouraged to apply no later than Round 2. International students are still welcome to apply after this date and will be considered for admission pending space in the program. Please keep in mind that you must have enough time to apply for a study permit if you are granted an offer.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.