Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBAN are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- A four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- A strong quantitative background demonstrated by course work in statistics, math, economics and research methods during undergraduate studies.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-87 or GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||7.0 overall (minumum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710)||100 iBT (minumum 23 on each dimension)|
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The MBAN program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies for 2017 start in September. In the 2018 academic year, the MBAN will move to a May start (a fall entry point will not be offered).
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3**|
|September 2017||December 15, 2016||February 15, 2017||Accepting domestic applications|
|May 2018||November 1, 2017||December 15, 2017||March 2, 2018|
Late applications will be considered following the Round 3 deadline for September 2017. Please Contact Us if you are interested in submitting a late application.
*International students are encouraged to apply in Round 1. International students are still welcome to apply after this date and will be considered for admission pending space in the program. Please keep in mind that you must have enough time to apply for a study permit if you are granted an offer.
**For domestic applicants only. Late international applications may be accepted pending space availability.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.