Master of Business Administration (MBA) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBA are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience beyond the required minimum.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-30 (full-time program), Z75-X8-23 (part-time program) or GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant post-degree, full-time work experience or life experience
- Completion of the online application which requires:
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
Accepted Tests Minimum Score IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension) TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710) 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For graduates of the Schulich School of Business with a GPA of B+ or better, the following requirements will be waived if the applicant graduated within the last five years:
- Application Fee
For more information please see our Application Tips.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3**||Round 4**|
|September 2018||Closed||Closed||Closed||Accepting domestic applications pending space availability|
|January 2019||August 7, 2018||September 5, 2018||October 1, 2018||November 15, 2018|
The MBA program is offered on a full-time and part-time basis. Both full-time and part-time studies start in September and January. The Part-Time downtown cohort starts in September only. Not all courses are offered downtown. Domestic applicants are considered for admission on a rolling basis. International applicants will be reviewed following each round deadline and may be held for further review in subsequent rounds if additional information is required.
*International students and those interested in being considered for scholarships are encouraged to apply no later than Round 2.
**For domestic applicants only. Late international applications are considered pending space availability.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.