Master of Business Administration (MBA) Admission Requirements
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-30; GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant post degree full-time work experience or life experience
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores.**Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score||Minimum Component Scores|
|TOEFL York’s TOEFL code is (B710)||100 iBT||23|
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
The MBA program is offered on a full-time and part-time basis.* Full time studies start in September and January. Part-time study starts in September*, January or May.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|January 2018||Sept 15||Oct 15||———|
|May 2018 (PT MBA only)||Feb 1||———||———|
|September 2017||Jan 15||Feb 28||Accepting domestic applications|
* The Part-Time downtown cohort, the Part-Time Weekend cohort, and the Full-Time downtown cohort start in September only. Students can complete all MBA Year 1 core courses on weekends at the Keele campus or at the downtown (Nadal) campus. Not all elective courses are offered on weekends or downtown.
**Those interested in being considered for scholarships are encouraged to apply in Round 1.
***International students are encouraged to apply no later than Round 2.
Domestic applicants are considered for admission on a rolling basis. International applicants will be reviewed following each round deadline and may be held for further review in subsequent rounds if additional information is required.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.