Master of Business Administration (MBA) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBA are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with an additional year of work experience (beyond the minimum required by program)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-30; GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant post degree full-time work experience or life experience
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores.**Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score||Minimum Component Scores|
|TOEFL York’s TOEFL code is (B710)||100 iBT||23|
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The MBA program is offered on a full-time and part-time basis.* Both full-time and part-time studies start in September* and January. The Part-Time downtown cohort and the Full-Time downtown cohort start in September only. Students can complete all MBA Year 1 core courses on weekends at the Keele campus or at the downtown (Nadal) campus. Not all elective courses are offered on weekends or downtown.
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3**||Round 4**|
|September 2017||January 15, 2017||February 28, 2017||Accepting domestic applications|
|January 2018||July 5, 2017||September 5, 2017||October 1, 2017||November 15, 2017|
|September 2018||December 1, 2017||February 1, 2018||March 15, 2018||April 30, 2018|
Late applications will be considered following the Round 3 deadline for September 2017. Please Contact Us if you are interested in submitting a late application.
* International students and those interested in being considered for scholarships are encouraged to apply in Round 1.
**For domestic applicants only. Late international applications are considered pending space availability.
Domestic applicants are considered for admission on a rolling basis. International applicants will be reviewed following each round deadline and may be held for further review in subsequent rounds if additional information is required.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.