Master of Business Administration / Master of Fine Arts / Master of Arts (MBA / MFA / MA) Admission Requirements
Available combined programs:
MBA/MFA in: Film Production & Screenwriting; Visual Arts or Dance
MBA/MA in: Art History & Curatorial Studies; Cinema & Media Studies; Dance; Music or Theatre & Performance Studies
Combined applicants must apply separately to the MBA program and their MFA or MA program of choice indicating on each application their interest in the combined program.
MFA and MA program and admission information can be found at: http://ampd.yorku.ca/current-students/graduate/
The general admission requirements for the MBA/MFA/MA are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
MBA Application Requirement Checklist
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Fine Arts with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with an additional year of work experience (beyond the minimum required by program)
- GMAT or GRE
- Work Experience
- Relevant full-time work experience within the arts or cultural industries is strongly recommended.
- Completion of the online application
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
5. Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score||Minimum Component Scores|
|TOEFL York’s TOEFL code is (B710)||100 iBT||23|
Applicants with English as a second language have the opportunity to enroll in the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program prior to beginning their studies.
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The MBA/MFA/MA program is offered on a full-time basis only. We recommend speaking with the program director or coordinator to discuss the program in more detail.
Applicants must apply to both Schulich and the Faculty of Graduate Studies in order to be considered for admission to the program.
|Entry||Round 1**||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|September 2018*||Closed||Closed||Closed||April 30, 2018|
* Please refer to Graduate Studies at York for the exact deadline for the MA or MFA program that you are interested in.
**International students and those interested in being considered for scholarship are encouraged to apply in Round 1.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.