Master of Business Administration / Juris Doctor (MBA / JD) Admission Requirements
To be eligible for consideration, each applicant must be admitted to both the MBA program at the Schulich School of Business and the JD program at Osgoode Hall Law School. Refer to each program page for general admission requirements and application deadlines. Note: admission to each program independently does not result in automatic admission to the joint MBA/JD program.
A limited number of students in Schulich MBA 1 or Osgoode 1L will be considered each year for admission into the second year of the MBA/JD joint program (4 year program only).*
In addition to the standard admission requirements for each program, students must also have achieved the following:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least an A- average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic study.
- A score of no less than the 85th percentile on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
- GMAT or GRE
- Work Experience
- Post-degree work experience is not required, however it is strongly recommended since students will be in class with MBA students who generally have 4-5 years of experience.
- Completion of the online application
- The online application requires: essays (video and written), an updated resume and 2 recommendations. Copies of transcripts, GMAT or GRE scores may be uploaded to facilitate the initial review process.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score||Minimum Component Scores|
|TOEFL York’s TOEFL code is (B710)||100 iBT||23|
The MBA/JD program is offered in a 3 year (direct entry) or 4 year (direct entry or 2nd year entry**) format. The 3 year program starts in May, while the 4 year program starts in September.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|3 Year Program||Jan 15||Feb 28||———|
|4 Year Program||Jan 15||Feb 28||Apr 30|
**2nd year entry candidates must apply to the joint program by the deadline provided by the school that they will be attending in their 2nd year. i.e. MBA 1 students must apply by deadlines provided by Osgoode; 1L students must apply by deadlines provided by Schulich.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.
*Students in the first-year program at Osgoode Hall Law School who have applied – or are applying – to join the JD/MBA, are ineligible to accept an offer from any Osgoode clinical or intensive program for the following year until they confirm that they have withdrawn their application to the JD/MBA. Osgoode’s Assistant Dean, Students or Associate Dean (Students) may grant an exemption to this policy, with the consent of the Academic Director(s) of the Osgoode Clinical or Intensive program(s) concerned and only if the application for an exemption is received prior to the student accepting the offer with the clinical or intensive program. No applications for exemption will be entertained once the student has accepted the position.