MBA in India Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBA in India are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited.
Each candidate is judged on their own merits with due consideration given to the criteria set out below. The strength of the application is also assessed on other considerations including management experience, leadership potential, entrepreneurial experience, communication skills, creativity, involvement in community and extracurricular activities and other factors that may contribute to future success.
1. First Class Standing in:
- A Master’s degree
- A four year Bachelor’s degree (e.g. BEng, BPharm, BArch, MBBS)
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience beyond the required minimum.
For candidates who have studied at an accredited degree granting institution in India
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-91 or GRE code 5697
3. Work Experience
- Minimum two years of relevant post-degree, full-time work experience or life experience
4. Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
5. Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS (Academic Test)||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710)||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)|
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
6. Admission Interview
- Applicants may be invited for an interview.
The MBA in India is offered on a full-time basis. Full-time studies start in September.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|September 2019||November 30, 2018||February 1, 2019||March 15, 2019||April 30, 2019|
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will still be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.