Graduate Diploma in Financial Engineering (GDFE) Admission Requirements
- A highly quantitative undergraduate degree from a recognized university. Such degrees include Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- A minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work. Special attention will be placed on quantitative courses.
- Familiarity with financial market/economic concepts. This can be demonstrated by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Completion of one economics/business course with a minimum grade of B;
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course offered by the Canadian Securities Institute (or an equivalent), or;
- Two years of work experience in a business context dealing specifically with financial market/economic concepts.
- Work Experience
- Post-degree work experience is not required, however it is recommended.
- Completion of the online application
- The online application requires: an updated resume and 2 recommendations (at least one must be academic). Copies of transcripts may be uploaded to facilitate the initial review process.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
Accepted Tests Minimum Score IELTS 7.0 overall TOEFL York’s TOEFL code is (B710) 100 iBT YELT Band 1
Applicants with English as a second language have the opportunity to enroll in the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program prior to beginning their studies.
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
The GDFE (Stand Alone) program is offered on a part-time basis only. Studies start in September of each year.
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|September entry||Dec 15||Feb 15||Still accepting domestic applications|