Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc) Admission Requirements
The Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc) provides students with a core curriculum designed to thoroughly introduce them to financial and management accounting concepts. Students with a non-business or non-Canadian degree interested in the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program must first complete the DIAc.
Please refer to the MAcc Journey Chart for a full description of how the DIAc leads to the MAcc.
The general admission requirements for the DIAc are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- PLEASE NOTE: While students with 3-year degrees may apply for admission to this program, a 3-year degree will not qualify a student to be eligible for the CPA designation as the professional accrediting body requires a 4-year degree. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that applicants to the program complete the equivalent to a 4-year undergraduate degree prior to application.
- Prerequisite courses in Economics (Micro & Macro), Statistics and Corporate Finance or Canadian Business Law taken at the undergraduate level.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-38 or GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|IELTS||7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)|
|TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710)||100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)|
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
For more information please see our Application Tips.
The DIAc program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in May of each year.
Please note that applications for May 2019 entry are not yet open. Applications typically open eight weeks prior to the Round 1 application deadline, unless otherwise noted.
|Entry||Round 1*||Round 2||Round 3**|
|May 2019||November 1, 2018||December 13, 2018||February 28, 2019|
*International students are encouraged to apply no later than the Round 1.
**For domestic applicants only.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.