Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc) Admission Requirements
The Diploma in Intermediate Accounting (DIAc) provides students with a core curriculum designed to thoroughly introduce them to financial and management accounting concepts. Students with a non-business or non-Canadian degree interested in the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program must first complete the DIAc.
Please refer to the MAcc Journey Chart for a full description of how the DIAc leads to the MAcc.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Prerequisite courses in Economics (Micro & Macro), Statistics and Finance or Canadian Business Law taken at the undergraduate level.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
- To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-38 or GRE code 5697
- Work Experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions.*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores.*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
|Accepted Tests||Minimum Score|
|TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710)||100 iBT|
- Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
- Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
The DIAc program is offered on a full-time basis only. Full time studies start in May of each year.
Please note: Applications for admission to the DIAc for May 2017 are no longer being accepted. The next intake for this program is May 2018. The application for the next intake will be available in late summer 2017.
|Entry||Round 1**||Round 2||Round 3|
|May 2017||December 15, 2016||February 28, 2017||———|
**International students are encouraged to apply no later than the Round 1.
Domestic applicants are considered for admission on a rolling basis. International applicants will be reviewed following each round deadline and may be held for further review in subsequent rounds if additional information is required.
Please note: Your GMAT/GRE score and responses from your referees can be completed after your application has been submitted. A preliminary review of your application will be done prior to receiving these items.
Students may only submit a single application. Students are not permitted to apply in multiple rounds or to multiple programs.